As a child, Angelina spent years in counseling learning that Josie, her imaginary friend, wasn't real, but it turns out her childhood friend wasn't imaginary after all.Now Angelina has to accept she's either (A) crazy or (B) able to see ghosts. Wanting to believe in her sanity, she chooses (B) and welcomes Josie back into her life. But even Josie can't help her deal with Shelly, the spirit of a confused teenager, and things go very, very wrong.When Angelina finds herself in a psychiatric hospital, she faces a choice: she can spend the rest of her life pretending to be someone she isn't, or she can embrace who she is and take a chance that she may never get to go home.
Story Behind The Story
A lot of people have asked me where I came up with the idea for Angelina’s Secret. Even though this is my debut novel, it wasn’t my first book to write. I first wrote, On Haunted Ground, a nonfiction work about my experiences of living with ghosts. After spending almost a year writing this book and another year revising it, my husband, Wes, took me out to dinner to celebrate me signing with an agent.
While we were out, our conversation naturally turned to my dreams of becoming a published author. When I expressed my desire to write another book, Wes suggested I write a fiction book about ghosts.
This was something I had never considered and to be honest I was completely intimidated by the idea. As a reader, I enjoy fiction, but as a writer, I couldn’t imagine trying to create it. How authors were able to come up with all of the different characters, scenes, and ideas was beyond me.
Without giving his suggestion much thought, I turned the conversation back to writing another nonfiction work. Being a true believer in ghosts, I’ve always been fascinated with the fact that children seem to be particularly sensitive to them. As my mind explored the possibilities of writing about children and their connection to ghosts, I talked about how I’ve often wondered if maybe their imaginary friends weren’t always imaginary after all.
From across the table, Wes snapped his fingers. “That’s it! You should write a fiction book about a child whose imaginary friend is really a ghost.”
As our evening out continued, the idea began to grow on me. As we sat there and discussed the different angels this book could take, the story began to unfold right there in the restaurant and I knew I simply had to write this book.
I have to admit that in the beginning switching from Adult nonfiction to YA fiction almost made my brain explode. When I learned to take myself out of the story and let the characters direct where it went I discovered the true beauty of writing fiction, and for that, I will always be grateful to my husband.
Thanks for stopping by. Please come visit with me here
I'm still trying to figure out the whole twitter thing, but you can look me up here
Spencer Hill Press
And don't forget the free downloadable prequel to Angelina's Secret
Lisa Rogers worked in the medical field until she hung up her stethoscope to help her husband pursue the dream of owning his own business. After opening the business while also raising their two (she insists) wonderful children, the time has come for her to fulfill a dream of her own—which is, was, and will always be, writing.
With her children now grown, she dedicates her time to writing and learning about paranormal phenomena. When she’s not strapped to her computer at their rural Oklahoma home, she can generally be found poking around a dilapidated old building or visiting some historical place, perhaps searching for her next “out of body” character.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Freedom To Read Giveaway Hop!
- Guest Post and Giveaway by Author Lila Munro!
- Passages: How Reading the Bible in a Year Will Cha...
- A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young
- This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
- Hope Springs By: Kim Cash Tate
- The Twelfth Paladin Guest Post and INT Giveaway!
- Dancing Naked In Dixie by Lauren Clark Review and ...
- Terri Giuliano Long - What Is Your View on Authori...
- Moa Excerpt!
- List of Comment Entry Amazon International Giftcar...
- Ties That Bind New Cover!
- Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore and Win a Nook Col...
- A Princess Broken by Misty Gatlin
- Ties that Bind By: Heather Huffman Review and Giv...
- Don't Forget About These Awesome Giveaways! (Many...
- PrintRunner Giveaway!
- The Last Refuge by Ben Coes Review and Print Givea...
- Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Claire
- Skylark by Meagan Spooner
- The 500 by Matthew Quirk
- The Best Way: El Camino de Santiago By: Bill Walke...
- Lucy Come Home by Dave and Neta Jackson
- The Weeping Paperback Cover Reveal!
- Project Moses Guest Post and Book and $10 Amazon G...
- Midsummer's Eve Giveaway Hop!
- Clear Your Shelf Giveaway!
- BEA Giveaway!!!!! *Includes links to my INT giveaw...
- All He Saw Was The Girl by Peter Leonard
- Dancing Naked In Dixie Grand Prize Giveaway!
- Wings of Hope Guest Post and $10 Amazon Giftcard C...
- Dancing Naked In Dixie Review and INT Giveaway!
- Glamorous Illusions by Lisa Tawn Bergren Blog Tour...
- Spell Bound by Kelley Armstrong
- My Father At 100 by Ron Reagan
- The Anniversary Waltz by Darrel Nelson
- Guest Post by Author Lille Spencer!
- The Concubine Saga by Lloyd Lofthouse
- Ascending Into Euphoria by Tiffany Tinney
- Growing Up Ziglar by Julie Ziglar Norman
- Project Moses Free For Kindle!!!
- Salt City by Robert C. Fleet Excerpt and INT Givea...
- Crazy by Amy Reed
- Ferryman & the Flame Giveaway and Book Blast!
- A Gift for My Sister By: Ann Pearlman
- Finish What You Start: Unlocking the Success Secre...
- The Girls’ Ghost Hunting Guide By: Stacey Graham
- Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath by Hélène Bo...
- Faithful Families Giveaway!
- Being Friends With Boys by Terra Elan McVoy
- The Car Thief By: Theodore Weesner
- Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols
- Guest Post by Author Lisa J. Rogers!
- Hope Is Love by Sylvia Hubbard
- Cadence Beach Guest Post and $10 Amazon Giftcard G...
- Reunited Book Blast and Promo!
- Guest Post by Author K. Reed with Awesome Post-Apo...
- How to satisfy your readers with endings by Rebecc...
- The Caves of Etretat by Matt Chatelain: Guest Post...
- Blogoversary Giveaway #2 (International)!
- Shadows Cast By Stars by Catherine Knutsson
- All These Lives by Sarah Wylie
- Reunited Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Speculation by Edmund Jorgensen Review and Giveawa...
- Desires Unleashed Promo
- Backlash by Karyn Good Guest Post and Giveaway! : ...
- Undertow by Callie Kingston Review and Ebook Givea...
- Sirenz Back in Fashion by Charlotte Bennardo, Nata...
- Guest Post by Author Jennifer Fromke
- Dive Into Summer Giveaway!
- Sirenz by Charlotte Bennardo & Natalie Zaman
- Team Human by Justine Larbalestier, Sarah Rees Bre...
- After All by Deborah Raney
- Just Flirt by Laura Bowers
- The Master of Misrule (The Game of Triumphs #2) by...
- My Favorite Reads Giveaway!
- Devine Intervention by Martha Brockenbrough
- The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson
- Dyson Giveaway Event!
- ▼ June (81)