The Arcanum: a world like our own, but twisted. Here, a deadly Game is played out, with prizes for some -- and danger for all. When Cat, Blaine, Flora and Toby defeated the Game's Masters, they thought they had won. They thought wrong. Now, the Game is broken, and soon the four unlikely friends realise: it's not just their own lives at risk -- but the future of the whole world...The thrilling sequel to the critically acclaimed GAME OF TRIUMPHS.
The Game is back and just as deadly as the first book. The reader will enjoy reconnecting with the characters from the first book. Cat and her friends thought the Game was finished and they could go, hopefully with their prizes in hand. However, nothing is ever that easy. The Master of Misrule has tricked them, when he got out of the hot water he landed in due to his own machinations he turned on Cat and her friends. Cat and her friends are understandably angry and desire to get revenge on the Master of Misrule. More than their pride is at stake, the Game is seeping out into the real world and chaos will ensue without Cat and her friends taking the proper course of action.
Cat is still an interesting character. All of her friends display bravery and loyalty to one another. The reader will like the dynamics between the friends and get to know each of them very well. The Master of Misrule appears very fictitious at first, but the reader will slowly realize that he has grown in him/her and become the evil antagonist the reader expects. There are not too many other characters that are focused upon, the reader will get to know Cat and her friends to the point where he/she can predict their actions/thoughts fairly accurately.
The events were fast-paced, Cat and her friends do not have any chance to breathe as they rush to stop the Master of Misrule's nefarious plans. The plot is much the same as the first book in some ways, but different in others as Cat and her friends technically conquered the game. Teen/middle grade readers will love this novel.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Freedom To Read Giveaway Hop!
- Guest Post and Giveaway by Author Lila Munro!
- Passages: How Reading the Bible in a Year Will Cha...
- A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young
- This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
- Hope Springs By: Kim Cash Tate
- The Twelfth Paladin Guest Post and INT Giveaway!
- Dancing Naked In Dixie by Lauren Clark Review and ...
- Terri Giuliano Long - What Is Your View on Authori...
- Moa Excerpt!
- List of Comment Entry Amazon International Giftcar...
- Ties That Bind New Cover!
- Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore and Win a Nook Col...
- A Princess Broken by Misty Gatlin
- Ties that Bind By: Heather Huffman Review and Giv...
- Don't Forget About These Awesome Giveaways! (Many...
- PrintRunner Giveaway!
- The Last Refuge by Ben Coes Review and Print Givea...
- Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Claire
- Skylark by Meagan Spooner
- The 500 by Matthew Quirk
- The Best Way: El Camino de Santiago By: Bill Walke...
- Lucy Come Home by Dave and Neta Jackson
- The Weeping Paperback Cover Reveal!
- Project Moses Guest Post and Book and $10 Amazon G...
- Midsummer's Eve Giveaway Hop!
- Clear Your Shelf Giveaway!
- BEA Giveaway!!!!! *Includes links to my INT giveaw...
- All He Saw Was The Girl by Peter Leonard
- Dancing Naked In Dixie Grand Prize Giveaway!
- Wings of Hope Guest Post and $10 Amazon Giftcard C...
- Dancing Naked In Dixie Review and INT Giveaway!
- Glamorous Illusions by Lisa Tawn Bergren Blog Tour...
- Spell Bound by Kelley Armstrong
- My Father At 100 by Ron Reagan
- The Anniversary Waltz by Darrel Nelson
- Guest Post by Author Lille Spencer!
- The Concubine Saga by Lloyd Lofthouse
- Ascending Into Euphoria by Tiffany Tinney
- Growing Up Ziglar by Julie Ziglar Norman
- Project Moses Free For Kindle!!!
- Salt City by Robert C. Fleet Excerpt and INT Givea...
- Crazy by Amy Reed
- Ferryman & the Flame Giveaway and Book Blast!
- A Gift for My Sister By: Ann Pearlman
- Finish What You Start: Unlocking the Success Secre...
- The Girls’ Ghost Hunting Guide By: Stacey Graham
- Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath by Hélène Bo...
- Faithful Families Giveaway!
- Being Friends With Boys by Terra Elan McVoy
- The Car Thief By: Theodore Weesner
- Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols
- Guest Post by Author Lisa J. Rogers!
- Hope Is Love by Sylvia Hubbard
- Cadence Beach Guest Post and $10 Amazon Giftcard G...
- Reunited Book Blast and Promo!
- Guest Post by Author K. Reed with Awesome Post-Apo...
- How to satisfy your readers with endings by Rebecc...
- The Caves of Etretat by Matt Chatelain: Guest Post...
- Blogoversary Giveaway #2 (International)!
- Shadows Cast By Stars by Catherine Knutsson
- All These Lives by Sarah Wylie
- Reunited Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Speculation by Edmund Jorgensen Review and Giveawa...
- Desires Unleashed Promo
- Backlash by Karyn Good Guest Post and Giveaway! : ...
- Undertow by Callie Kingston Review and Ebook Givea...
- Sirenz Back in Fashion by Charlotte Bennardo, Nata...
- Guest Post by Author Jennifer Fromke
- Dive Into Summer Giveaway!
- Sirenz by Charlotte Bennardo & Natalie Zaman
- Team Human by Justine Larbalestier, Sarah Rees Bre...
- After All by Deborah Raney
- Just Flirt by Laura Bowers
- The Master of Misrule (The Game of Triumphs #2) by...
- My Favorite Reads Giveaway!
- Devine Intervention by Martha Brockenbrough
- The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson
- Dyson Giveaway Event!
- ▼ June (81)