Guest Post and Giveaway by Author Lila Munro!
Posted by Krystal Larson at 9:37 AM Thursday, June 28, 2012
Another One? What Happened?
When I saw that one of the possible blog topics Krystal suggested was inspiration and sequels, I had to smile. My latest release, Assumed Master, is in fact a sequel. It’s book four of my Identity series which has taken so many twists and turns for me, I sometimes look back and think, “What happened?”
The Identity Crisis series began as a stand-alone novella length work that was supposed to whet my appetite for the darker side of romance in the form of a little slap and tickle via the BDSM highway. Okay. That lasted all of… a couple of weeks. After finishing the first installment, entitled Identity Crisis and the namesake of the series, a few more characters started talking. See how that works? ☺
So, I completed Identity Crisis, which by the way was a very fun write. I still love Tori, Chad, and Ren—oh, did I forget to mention it’s a ménage? A tres hot one I might add. You see, when all this arms and legs action happens, the two men are hooded and Tori is clueless as to who is who. Fun and sexy! Anywho—with Identity Crisis complete, I figured out my itch wasn’t quite scratched and a couple of more characters began to chatter away. And they told me they were book two…Ummm? Book two of what exactly?
The Identity Crisis Series, the voice of one Stephan Sachelles said. Who? He’s the very talented and skilled master from True Identity. His submissive to be, one Jillian Stewart, agreed. Well, alright! Guess we’re doing a series. Now what about book three? Everyone knows a series comes in threes. After much thought, Assumed Identity started coming to fruition after I read some accounts of and talked to a few people I know in the lifestyle about edge play. Interesting stuff to say the least. ☺ Julie Marie Hayden Chelsea Stevens was born and Mason Seidler came along with her. Oh, and did I mention her best friend? Who’s gay? And married to a bi-sexual named Dante that wants her, too? Oh yes, it does get complicated my friends. And to make matters worse, or better, or not, maybe…
Before I could even get Assumed Identity finished and off to edits, Dante came off the page in all his Dom glory and declared, “Guess what? Our story is nowhere near finished.”
Really? Just who’s in charge here anyway?
Ummmm…clearly that is the wrong thing to say to someone as dominant as the likes of Dante. He is in charge and that’s the final word on that.
That’s how Assumed Master came into being, also shattering my concept of the rule of three. Now, I must warn you. Assumed Master isn’t for the faint of heart. There are some unconventional ideas going on and I address the issue of what happens to a completely submissive slave when her one and only Master has died. I’ve been asked repeatedly where I go for my research, do I know people that practice, etc, etc , etc. Yes, I do know people. I just keep my sources close because I won’t betray them or their privacy, but I can tell you that I do know of actual accounts in which a slave has been more or less “willed” to another in the event her Master would die. I know. It’s a hard concept to grasp. But I’ve found that most of these occurrences have been pre-planned and discussed ahead of time so everyone involved is aware of what’s to come. And all parties are agreeable.
And to further shatter the concept of a series coming in threes? I was near the end of Assumed Master, ready to hit send to my editor, when Allen, a prominent character in Assumed Master, started talking to a girl named Nicki…who has an obsession with lollypops…Book Five, Assumed Calling is now in the works. Another One? What happened?
Thanks for hosting me today, Krystal!
“What is it?” Julie whispered, her heart pounding.
Drake cleared his throat again, took a staggered breath, and began to read.
“My dearest, angel. I’ve asked Drake to read this to you as I knew it would be a very hard thing for anyone to do. Dante and Blake are with you at my request as these instructions involve them as well. I’m so sorry I left you alone. You know I’d never do anything to hurt you, but karma and fate had a different plan and I was powerless to stop it. But I’m not powerless to play a part in your future. When you gave yourself to me, you willingly gave me the power to make your decisions for you, although I only did so in cases where what was best for you was against what you thought was right. It never happened often as I never wanted you to lose yourself or your voice. You were always so pleasing to me in that way. I’ll never forget your confusion as to why some subs would purposely displease their Master. It made me so proud to know I had a rare gem in you, a sub that would give so freely and willingly of herself. Angel, what I’m about to do will go against all your instincts, but make no mistake. This is one of the rare times I’m setting my foot down and doing what I know is best for you regardless what you might think.”
Drake stopped and wiped the sweat off his brow, glancing at the three of them.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Freedom To Read Giveaway Hop!
- Guest Post and Giveaway by Author Lila Munro!
- Passages: How Reading the Bible in a Year Will Cha...
- A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young
- This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
- Hope Springs By: Kim Cash Tate
- The Twelfth Paladin Guest Post and INT Giveaway!
- Dancing Naked In Dixie by Lauren Clark Review and ...
- Terri Giuliano Long - What Is Your View on Authori...
- Moa Excerpt!
- List of Comment Entry Amazon International Giftcar...
- Ties That Bind New Cover!
- Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore and Win a Nook Col...
- A Princess Broken by Misty Gatlin
- Ties that Bind By: Heather Huffman Review and Giv...
- Don't Forget About These Awesome Giveaways! (Many...
- PrintRunner Giveaway!
- The Last Refuge by Ben Coes Review and Print Givea...
- Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Claire
- Skylark by Meagan Spooner
- The 500 by Matthew Quirk
- The Best Way: El Camino de Santiago By: Bill Walke...
- Lucy Come Home by Dave and Neta Jackson
- The Weeping Paperback Cover Reveal!
- Project Moses Guest Post and Book and $10 Amazon G...
- Midsummer's Eve Giveaway Hop!
- Clear Your Shelf Giveaway!
- BEA Giveaway!!!!! *Includes links to my INT giveaw...
- All He Saw Was The Girl by Peter Leonard
- Dancing Naked In Dixie Grand Prize Giveaway!
- Wings of Hope Guest Post and $10 Amazon Giftcard C...
- Dancing Naked In Dixie Review and INT Giveaway!
- Glamorous Illusions by Lisa Tawn Bergren Blog Tour...
- Spell Bound by Kelley Armstrong
- My Father At 100 by Ron Reagan
- The Anniversary Waltz by Darrel Nelson
- Guest Post by Author Lille Spencer!
- The Concubine Saga by Lloyd Lofthouse
- Ascending Into Euphoria by Tiffany Tinney
- Growing Up Ziglar by Julie Ziglar Norman
- Project Moses Free For Kindle!!!
- Salt City by Robert C. Fleet Excerpt and INT Givea...
- Crazy by Amy Reed
- Ferryman & the Flame Giveaway and Book Blast!
- A Gift for My Sister By: Ann Pearlman
- Finish What You Start: Unlocking the Success Secre...
- The Girls’ Ghost Hunting Guide By: Stacey Graham
- Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath by Hélène Bo...
- Faithful Families Giveaway!
- Being Friends With Boys by Terra Elan McVoy
- The Car Thief By: Theodore Weesner
- Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols
- Guest Post by Author Lisa J. Rogers!
- Hope Is Love by Sylvia Hubbard
- Cadence Beach Guest Post and $10 Amazon Giftcard G...
- Reunited Book Blast and Promo!
- Guest Post by Author K. Reed with Awesome Post-Apo...
- How to satisfy your readers with endings by Rebecc...
- The Caves of Etretat by Matt Chatelain: Guest Post...
- Blogoversary Giveaway #2 (International)!
- Shadows Cast By Stars by Catherine Knutsson
- All These Lives by Sarah Wylie
- Reunited Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Speculation by Edmund Jorgensen Review and Giveawa...
- Desires Unleashed Promo
- Backlash by Karyn Good Guest Post and Giveaway! : ...
- Undertow by Callie Kingston Review and Ebook Givea...
- Sirenz Back in Fashion by Charlotte Bennardo, Nata...
- Guest Post by Author Jennifer Fromke
- Dive Into Summer Giveaway!
- Sirenz by Charlotte Bennardo & Natalie Zaman
- Team Human by Justine Larbalestier, Sarah Rees Bre...
- After All by Deborah Raney
- Just Flirt by Laura Bowers
- The Master of Misrule (The Game of Triumphs #2) by...
- My Favorite Reads Giveaway!
- Devine Intervention by Martha Brockenbrough
- The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson
- Dyson Giveaway Event!
- ▼ June (81)