A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young
Posted by Krystal Larson at 1:54 AM Thursday, June 28, 2012
Elise is a normal seventeen-year-old girl until the day she wakes up in a desert park, with no idea who she is.
After that episode, her life takes a bizarre turn. She’s experiencing unexpected flashes of insight into people’s lives—people she’s never met before. Strangers frighten her with warnings about the approaching Shadows. And although Elise has never had a boyfriend, she suddenly finds herself torn between two handsome but very different young men: Abe, the charming bad boy whose effect on her both seduces and frightens her, and the mysterious Harlin, who’s new to town but with whom Elise feels an urgent, elemental connection—almost as if they are soul mates.
Now Elise begins to question everything about her life. Why do these guys both want her so desperately? What are the Shadows? Why does the name Charlotte inspire a terrifying familiarity? And who is Elise, really?
Elise starts out as unfamiliar to herself as to the reader. She has literally forgotten herself. Of course, memories can't suppress character traits and Elise is exceedingly kind and caring. The book focuses around Elise discovering who she is and what her purpose could be.
Elise isn't entirely alone in figuring out her past. She does experience flashbacks that may or may not be her own. She must delve through Onika's memories too. She has a bit of a love triangle through part of the book with Abe and Harlin. Abe is the "dark" love interest while Harlin remains "lighter" and representative of good. Elise's destiny depends on her choice between those two almost as much as her ability to help people. The Need won't remain dormant for long, however, and Elise's time is running out.
This book was easily as good as the first with only one exception. Sometimes, it felt like the plot was a little forced and wasn't explained enough. Some portions of the plot are only explained at the very end, leaving the reader confused until then. The ending itself is very satisfying and the characters will stick in the readers' mind long after finishing the book. This book is recommended to young adult/teen readers.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (364)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Freedom To Read Giveaway Hop!
- Guest Post and Giveaway by Author Lila Munro!
- Passages: How Reading the Bible in a Year Will Cha...
- A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young
- This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
- Hope Springs By: Kim Cash Tate
- The Twelfth Paladin Guest Post and INT Giveaway!
- Dancing Naked In Dixie by Lauren Clark Review and ...
- Terri Giuliano Long - What Is Your View on Authori...
- Moa Excerpt!
- List of Comment Entry Amazon International Giftcar...
- Ties That Bind New Cover!
- Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore and Win a Nook Col...
- A Princess Broken by Misty Gatlin
- Ties that Bind By: Heather Huffman Review and Giv...
- Don't Forget About These Awesome Giveaways! (Many...
- PrintRunner Giveaway!
- The Last Refuge by Ben Coes Review and Print Givea...
- Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Claire
- Skylark by Meagan Spooner
- The 500 by Matthew Quirk
- The Best Way: El Camino de Santiago By: Bill Walke...
- Lucy Come Home by Dave and Neta Jackson
- The Weeping Paperback Cover Reveal!
- Project Moses Guest Post and Book and $10 Amazon G...
- Midsummer's Eve Giveaway Hop!
- Clear Your Shelf Giveaway!
- BEA Giveaway!!!!! *Includes links to my INT giveaw...
- All He Saw Was The Girl by Peter Leonard
- Dancing Naked In Dixie Grand Prize Giveaway!
- Wings of Hope Guest Post and $10 Amazon Giftcard C...
- Dancing Naked In Dixie Review and INT Giveaway!
- Glamorous Illusions by Lisa Tawn Bergren Blog Tour...
- Spell Bound by Kelley Armstrong
- My Father At 100 by Ron Reagan
- The Anniversary Waltz by Darrel Nelson
- Guest Post by Author Lille Spencer!
- The Concubine Saga by Lloyd Lofthouse
- Ascending Into Euphoria by Tiffany Tinney
- Growing Up Ziglar by Julie Ziglar Norman
- Project Moses Free For Kindle!!!
- Salt City by Robert C. Fleet Excerpt and INT Givea...
- Crazy by Amy Reed
- Ferryman & the Flame Giveaway and Book Blast!
- A Gift for My Sister By: Ann Pearlman
- Finish What You Start: Unlocking the Success Secre...
- The Girls’ Ghost Hunting Guide By: Stacey Graham
- Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath by Hélène Bo...
- Faithful Families Giveaway!
- Being Friends With Boys by Terra Elan McVoy
- The Car Thief By: Theodore Weesner
- Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols
- Guest Post by Author Lisa J. Rogers!
- Hope Is Love by Sylvia Hubbard
- Cadence Beach Guest Post and $10 Amazon Giftcard G...
- Reunited Book Blast and Promo!
- Guest Post by Author K. Reed with Awesome Post-Apo...
- How to satisfy your readers with endings by Rebecc...
- The Caves of Etretat by Matt Chatelain: Guest Post...
- Blogoversary Giveaway #2 (International)!
- Shadows Cast By Stars by Catherine Knutsson
- All These Lives by Sarah Wylie
- Reunited Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Speculation by Edmund Jorgensen Review and Giveawa...
- Desires Unleashed Promo
- Backlash by Karyn Good Guest Post and Giveaway! : ...
- Undertow by Callie Kingston Review and Ebook Givea...
- Sirenz Back in Fashion by Charlotte Bennardo, Nata...
- Guest Post by Author Jennifer Fromke
- Dive Into Summer Giveaway!
- Sirenz by Charlotte Bennardo & Natalie Zaman
- Team Human by Justine Larbalestier, Sarah Rees Bre...
- After All by Deborah Raney
- Just Flirt by Laura Bowers
- The Master of Misrule (The Game of Triumphs #2) by...
- My Favorite Reads Giveaway!
- Devine Intervention by Martha Brockenbrough
- The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson
- Dyson Giveaway Event!
- ▼ June (81)