Guest Post by Author Lille Spencer!
Posted by Krystal Larson at 2:35 PM Friday, June 15, 2012
I'm often asked where I got the idea for MANHUNT. I'm almost embarrassed to give a response to that question because the answer is so utterly cliché, but it's the truth.
It just came to me.
As a writer, the question when starting a new story is often 'to outline or not to outline.' I used to spend a lot of time sketching out how I wanted a story to go, what the major plot points were going to be, et cetera. And you know what? The story never turned out the way I outlined. It always took on a life of its own, which is a good thing -- if a story doesn't have a beating heart, it's just road kill. The down side was that it would force me to either go with the flow and abandon my original idea or try and brow-beat it down the path I wanted it to go on.
I was fleshing out the paranormal romance I'm working on now when the idea for MANHUNT popped into my head and wouldn't let go. I had a clear vision of the first chapter and the pinnacle chapter, and that was it. Sure, I still drew up character profiles, which I looked back on as I went along to make sure their behaviors were consistent with their personalities, but for the most part I just let the story take me away. I rested my fingers on the keyboard like it was a Ouija board and waited to see what emerged on the screen. It was a much more organic, relaxed process, and I can humbly admit I am very happy with the result.
I've gotten a lot of feedback saying that MANHUNT reads like you're watching a movie, and I think that's probably why. I wasn't trying to play connect-the-dots to the next bullet point I'd so painstakingly detailed. I let the story come to life and followed the sound of its heartbeat.
Lillie likes to joke that she is a mother, author, and wife – usually in that order. Although she holds a degree in Wildlife Biology, writing has always been her passion. She was a teaching assistant for English Composition and English as a Second Language in college, and wrote countless stories in her free time before she was brave enough to submit one for publication. A preview of Manhunt was an editor’s choice recipient at textnovel.com in 2009, where it is still #10 on their “Most Popular” list, and was a semi-finalist in the Dorchester Next Best Celler (sic) contest. Lillie was also recently awarded an Honorable Mention in the 2011 RWA-Passionate Ink’s Stroke of Midnight competition for her work-in-progress, The Circle, a paranormal romance. When not writing or freezing at soccer games, Lillie loves to cook and play video games with her family.
Sometimes you have to forget it all to remember what really matters.
Michael Brennan's life and career come to an abrupt halt when he receives a phone call telling him the love of his life, Nikki Wright, is in the hospital after another attack by her ex-boyfriend Sebastian Cross. Rushing back to Hershey, PA, Michael turns up at Nikki's hospital bedside covered in Sebastian's blood and tells her they have to leave immediately. Though her injuries have induced amnesia, Nikki inherently feels she can trust this man with her life. Soon, they find themselves on the run from both their own troubled pasts and authorities hunting for Sebastian's killer. With each new day and each touch drawing her further into Michael's embrace, Nikki remembers more about this fugitive she once loved, and who still loves her enough to risk everything to protect her and keep her safe. But can she love a man who just might be a murderer?
Buy it at: Amazon ~ Barnes and Noble ~ All Romance Books ~ Tulipe Noire Press (autographed copies only available here)
Follow me: Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Blog ~ Goodreads
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Freedom To Read Giveaway Hop!
- Guest Post and Giveaway by Author Lila Munro!
- Passages: How Reading the Bible in a Year Will Cha...
- A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young
- This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
- Hope Springs By: Kim Cash Tate
- The Twelfth Paladin Guest Post and INT Giveaway!
- Dancing Naked In Dixie by Lauren Clark Review and ...
- Terri Giuliano Long - What Is Your View on Authori...
- Moa Excerpt!
- List of Comment Entry Amazon International Giftcar...
- Ties That Bind New Cover!
- Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore and Win a Nook Col...
- A Princess Broken by Misty Gatlin
- Ties that Bind By: Heather Huffman Review and Giv...
- Don't Forget About These Awesome Giveaways! (Many...
- PrintRunner Giveaway!
- The Last Refuge by Ben Coes Review and Print Givea...
- Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Claire
- Skylark by Meagan Spooner
- The 500 by Matthew Quirk
- The Best Way: El Camino de Santiago By: Bill Walke...
- Lucy Come Home by Dave and Neta Jackson
- The Weeping Paperback Cover Reveal!
- Project Moses Guest Post and Book and $10 Amazon G...
- Midsummer's Eve Giveaway Hop!
- Clear Your Shelf Giveaway!
- BEA Giveaway!!!!! *Includes links to my INT giveaw...
- All He Saw Was The Girl by Peter Leonard
- Dancing Naked In Dixie Grand Prize Giveaway!
- Wings of Hope Guest Post and $10 Amazon Giftcard C...
- Dancing Naked In Dixie Review and INT Giveaway!
- Glamorous Illusions by Lisa Tawn Bergren Blog Tour...
- Spell Bound by Kelley Armstrong
- My Father At 100 by Ron Reagan
- The Anniversary Waltz by Darrel Nelson
- Guest Post by Author Lille Spencer!
- The Concubine Saga by Lloyd Lofthouse
- Ascending Into Euphoria by Tiffany Tinney
- Growing Up Ziglar by Julie Ziglar Norman
- Project Moses Free For Kindle!!!
- Salt City by Robert C. Fleet Excerpt and INT Givea...
- Crazy by Amy Reed
- Ferryman & the Flame Giveaway and Book Blast!
- A Gift for My Sister By: Ann Pearlman
- Finish What You Start: Unlocking the Success Secre...
- The Girls’ Ghost Hunting Guide By: Stacey Graham
- Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath by Hélène Bo...
- Faithful Families Giveaway!
- Being Friends With Boys by Terra Elan McVoy
- The Car Thief By: Theodore Weesner
- Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols
- Guest Post by Author Lisa J. Rogers!
- Hope Is Love by Sylvia Hubbard
- Cadence Beach Guest Post and $10 Amazon Giftcard G...
- Reunited Book Blast and Promo!
- Guest Post by Author K. Reed with Awesome Post-Apo...
- How to satisfy your readers with endings by Rebecc...
- The Caves of Etretat by Matt Chatelain: Guest Post...
- Blogoversary Giveaway #2 (International)!
- Shadows Cast By Stars by Catherine Knutsson
- All These Lives by Sarah Wylie
- Reunited Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Speculation by Edmund Jorgensen Review and Giveawa...
- Desires Unleashed Promo
- Backlash by Karyn Good Guest Post and Giveaway! : ...
- Undertow by Callie Kingston Review and Ebook Givea...
- Sirenz Back in Fashion by Charlotte Bennardo, Nata...
- Guest Post by Author Jennifer Fromke
- Dive Into Summer Giveaway!
- Sirenz by Charlotte Bennardo & Natalie Zaman
- Team Human by Justine Larbalestier, Sarah Rees Bre...
- After All by Deborah Raney
- Just Flirt by Laura Bowers
- The Master of Misrule (The Game of Triumphs #2) by...
- My Favorite Reads Giveaway!
- Devine Intervention by Martha Brockenbrough
- The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson
- Dyson Giveaway Event!
- ▼ June (81)