When Wendy Everly was six-years-old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy discovers her mother might have been right. With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed - a world both beautiful and frightening, and Wendy's not sure she wants to be a part of it.
Looking for a book that is impossible to put down? Amanda Hocking creates a new world where trolls are trylles and changelings exist. Wendy, the main character, is a changeling. Interestingly, the author does not try to make Wendy's character overly likable, Wendy is portrayed as a "take me as I am" character. She can be sort of mean, but she can also be inquisitive and clever. The author does a good job of infusing her with an almost otherworldly quality.
Wendy's human mother knows that Wendy is not her child, a fact that appears to make her violently angry. She attempts to kill Wendy. Wendy's aunt and brother genuinely love her. Finn comes into Wendy's life right when her questions about what she is come to a head. He explains to her what a changeling is, but doesn't give much else away. Wendy begins to fall in love with Finn, almost too quickly, it seemed a little off from her character. Their growing relationship is another subplot the reader will enjoy.
This book was certainly entertaining. The author writes with a raw intensity through Wendy's character. The reader will be drawn into the book from page one, the book is hard to put down. The reader will have a fast-paced, fantastical series to look forward too. This book is recommended to young adult/teen readers.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
On January 3, 2012, St. Martin’s Griffin is thrilled to bring her USA Today bestselling Trylle trilogy to print with the publication of SWITCHED, followed by TORN on February 28th and ASCEND on April 24th.
Set in the magical world of theTrylle—a tribe of beautiful trolls, this unique series captured the imaginations of eBook readers everywhere and became an online phenomenon, quickly catapulting her to bestseller lists. With the publication of trade paperback editions of the books, a wider audience will finally get to discover its magic, mystery and romance. And as an added bonus, each of the new trade paperback editions will contain all-new, never-before-seen short stories set in the magical world of the Trylle.
In SWITCHED, Wendy Everly’s mother is convinced she’s a monster and tries to kill her when she’s six years old. Eleven years later, Wendy discovers her mother may have been right. Finn Holms, a boy from her school who she’s always been drawn to, reveals that he’s not human…and neither is she. For months Finn has been guarding her from a distance—and now it’s time to bring her back to her rightful home, and reveal her true identity as a member of the Trylle. Wendy finds she’s about to enter a world that’s as frightening as it is beautiful. Where she’ll tap into powers she never knew she had—and fight enemies who want to use her abilities for evil.
Amanda Hocking is a publishing phenomenon, with no signs of slowing down. I hope you’ll bring this remarkable woman’s story to the attention of your readers.
Amanda Hocking is an incredibly successful writer of young adult paranormal romance and urban fantasy novels. Hocking, author of the USA Today bestselling Trylle Trilogy and My Blood Approves series, gained prominence shortly after she began self-publishing in 2010, selling her novels as low priced (99 cents to $2.99) eBooks. Since then, she’s become the exemplar of self-publishing success in the digital age, having sold over one million copies of her novels.
She currently resides in Minnesota.
Hocking’sTrylle Trilogy has been optioned for film by Media Capital Rights with Academy Award Nominee Terri Tatchell (District 9) adapting the screenplay.
St. Martin’s Press will publish her new 4-book “Watersong” series beginning in August 2012.
Some of Amanda’s favorite authors include Chuck Palahniuk, Bret Easton Ellis, Alan Moore, Kurt Vonnegut, and J.D. Salinger; although these authors have influenced her writing, she claims she does not write anything like them.
Amanda’s quirky and open personality, along with her addictive writing, has gained her a fairly large fan community, and she stays in contact with fans through regular blog posts and her Twitter feed.
Before becoming a full-time writer, Amanda worked in group homes for people with disabilities for five and a half years writing in her spare time. That all changed in 2010, when sales of her books began to take off, and she has been a full time writer ever since.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Guest Post by Author Karice Bolton
- The Sound of Red Returning by Sue Duffy
- Falling In Between by Devon Ashley Author This or ...
- Young Adult Giveaway Hop!
- Forbidden by Syrie and James and Ryan M. James
- Double Cover Reveal!
- Alienation by Jon S. Lewis
- Giveaway of Michael Palmer's Oath of Office!
- Ditched by Robin Mellom
- Author Contest!
- Chasing Mona Lisa by Tricia Goyer and Mike Yorkey
- Life As I Blow It: Tales Of Love, Life & Sex . . ....
- The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges
- The Queen's Daughter by Susan Coventry
- The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
- The Wood Queen by Karen Mahoney
- Indigo Awakening by Jordan Dane-Exclusive Excerpt!...
- Cleaning Machine by Gaylord Campbell
- A Five Minute Tour of Modern London: Guest Post by...
- Life Eternal by Yvonne Woon
- Awakening by Karice Bolton
- Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey
- Guest Post with Guy Magar
- Various Positions by Martha Schabas
- On A Dark Wing by Jordan Dane
- The Girls of No Return by Erin Saldin
- Ride With Me Free Excerpt! on sale 2/13/2012
- Guest Post with F.A. Hershey and Giveaway! (Intern...
- Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
- Toast to 2012 Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN)
- The Dirt by Lori Culwell
- The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe
- Face Up Gaming: Free Online Poker http://www.faceu...
- Cover Adoration Jan 12, 2012
- The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rot...
- Young Adult Faeries & Fantasy Hop
- Our Mother's Recipes Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Interview with Author Heather Beck!
- Twisted Fairy Tales Volume II Anthology – Intervie...
- Jailbird by Heather Huffman
- Giveaway of Switched by Amanda Hocking (signed cop...
- Touch of Power (The Healer Series-January 2011) by...
- Happy New Year 2012 Giveaway Hop!
- Joel Andre Guest Post!
- Darkness by Joann I. Martin Sowles
- Ten -- How Would You Rate Your Life? by Terry A Sm...
- Switched by Amanda Hocking
- Dragon's Wood by Janet Lee Carey
- Happy New Year!
- Lifting the Wheel of Karma by Paul H. Magid and 3 ...
- Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
- Lovetorn by Kavita Daswani
- ▼ January (52)