Joel Andre Guest Post!
Posted by Krystal Larson at 11:44 AM Tuesday, January 3, 2012
There is little doubt that if you want to sell books, people have to know that your titles are available. While some people will spend endless hours doing self-promotion on forums and actually alienating people, others choose to use the power of the internet to give people the chance to learn about their titles and give them a chance to explore them without feeling an obligation.
One approach that can be taken is search engine optimization. A few years ago, I started out thinking that putting up a website was all it would take to sell copies of, A Death at the North Pole. The truth of the matter is that I still had a lot to learn and that struggle and process actually helped me to understand the internet a little more.
What I found is that to rank in Google and other websites, you need to have some basic SEO working for you. This takes a little work. Not only do you need to find the perfect balance of keywords and backlinks, but you need to focus on providing quality content at the same time. Thanks to Google PANDA, websites that were doing phenomenally well have found that they have had to make changes to remain relevant and to continue selling their products. Authors like me, who use SEO to help readers connect with us as well as our books, have found this to be a bit of a struggle as well.
Thankfully, there are remarkable websites such Live to Read are available. Not only do these blogs connect book lovers with authors, but they also provide a set of tools that can boost authors in search engine rankings as well. Krystal uses keywords exceptionally well and has a series of good backlinks coming back to her which helps with her placement. Google will also note that her content is more than a hundred words and that she updates regularly. In addition, she makes exceptional use of pictures as well. This is going to help her with when it comes to SEO.
One of the best starting points for an author to begin building their online presence will be to take the plunge and ensure that are posting a few updates a week. Focus on giving something of quality to your readers and determine what keywords are going to be relevant to you. That way if someone were to search romance for example, you will use that as a keyword. Just keep in mind that terms like that should be fine-tuned to get you better results and that means that keywords analyzing could be important. For example, you may writer historical romance fiction and that can be one that would help to boost your ranking in terms of searches for that particular keyword.
With SEO, awesome bloggers and word of mouth I have seen a spike in sales over the last year. Titles like Perfection and Brutal that only had minimal advertising put behind them took off with SEO efforts and soon, I was connecting with a broader audience.
If you are still lost on this matter, not to worry as there are companies out there that can help you with this at a great price as well. While I personally work for www.needanarticle.com that can offer you some assistance in this matter, there are plenty of choices out there. If you have questions on this, you can connect with me there or drop me a line at www.joelmandre.info and I will be more than happy to get you the information you need to boost your SEO rankings.
Joel M. Andre was born January 13, 1981. At a young age he was fascinated with the written word. It was at fourteen that Poe blew his mind, and Andre began to dabble with darker poetry.
Between the years of 1999 and 2007 Joel was featured in various poetry anthologies and publications. In 2008 he released his first collection,Pray the Rain Never Ends.
Knowing there was something deeper and darker inside of his soul, Joel decided to take a stab at commercialism. Releasing the dark tongue in cheek, A Death at the North Pole, created a dark world among the death of Kris Kringle. Ultimately providing a tale of redemption.
October of 2008 saw Joel release his second book, Kill 4 Me. A tale in which a woman is haunted by a vengeful spirit through text messages and instant messaging.
Taking some time off and doing a lot of soul searching, Joel took things in a new direction and dabbled in the Fantasy Genre with, The Pentacle of Light. The tale dealing with five major races battling for control of Earth, and the acceptance of their God.
Finally, after missing his detective Lauren Bruni, he released the book The Return in October 2009, this time moving the action from the North Pole and placing it in the small Arizona community he was raised in.
Andre’s latest book is The Black Chronicles: Cry of the Fallen about a dead man who seeks revenge on the woman that tormented him in peaceful Northern Arizona.
Currently, he resides in Chandler, AZ.
You can visit his website at www.joelmandre.info
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Guest Post by Author Karice Bolton
- The Sound of Red Returning by Sue Duffy
- Falling In Between by Devon Ashley Author This or ...
- Young Adult Giveaway Hop!
- Forbidden by Syrie and James and Ryan M. James
- Double Cover Reveal!
- Alienation by Jon S. Lewis
- Giveaway of Michael Palmer's Oath of Office!
- Ditched by Robin Mellom
- Author Contest!
- Chasing Mona Lisa by Tricia Goyer and Mike Yorkey
- Life As I Blow It: Tales Of Love, Life & Sex . . ....
- The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges
- The Queen's Daughter by Susan Coventry
- The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
- The Wood Queen by Karen Mahoney
- Indigo Awakening by Jordan Dane-Exclusive Excerpt!...
- Cleaning Machine by Gaylord Campbell
- A Five Minute Tour of Modern London: Guest Post by...
- Life Eternal by Yvonne Woon
- Awakening by Karice Bolton
- Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey
- Guest Post with Guy Magar
- Various Positions by Martha Schabas
- On A Dark Wing by Jordan Dane
- The Girls of No Return by Erin Saldin
- Ride With Me Free Excerpt! on sale 2/13/2012
- Guest Post with F.A. Hershey and Giveaway! (Intern...
- Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
- Toast to 2012 Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN)
- The Dirt by Lori Culwell
- The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe
- Face Up Gaming: Free Online Poker http://www.faceu...
- Cover Adoration Jan 12, 2012
- The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rot...
- Young Adult Faeries & Fantasy Hop
- Our Mother's Recipes Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Interview with Author Heather Beck!
- Twisted Fairy Tales Volume II Anthology – Intervie...
- Jailbird by Heather Huffman
- Giveaway of Switched by Amanda Hocking (signed cop...
- Touch of Power (The Healer Series-January 2011) by...
- Happy New Year 2012 Giveaway Hop!
- Joel Andre Guest Post!
- Darkness by Joann I. Martin Sowles
- Ten -- How Would You Rate Your Life? by Terry A Sm...
- Switched by Amanda Hocking
- Dragon's Wood by Janet Lee Carey
- Happy New Year!
- Lifting the Wheel of Karma by Paul H. Magid and 3 ...
- Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
- Lovetorn by Kavita Daswani
- ▼ January (52)