Neena Allen's life didn't exactly follow the path she'd anticipated. She couldn't have seen the twists and turns that would lead her to wander the woods, presumed dead by the prison guards. When Neena starts a new life in a little Arkansas town, she finds a contentment she never dreamed possible. The thing about skeletons in your closet is they always come back to haunt you.
The reader will find him/herself right in the gritty portion of the novel from the start. Neena is in jail and breaking out. Her story will have a myriad of reactions from the reader. Neena has a very good reason for being in jail-she killed a man, not just any man either, but a prominent, wealthy one. However, before she committed the act of murder, he raped and tried to kill her. When she escapes she runs to a small town where she has a chance at starting over. She does not expect to find love and a potentially ready-made family.
Neena's character is very likable. She is brave, resourceful, and overall just happy to be alive. The reader will love the love interest who eventually becomes her husband. He is understanding, successful, and her ready-made hero. Can Neena accept her current luck and happiness and leave her past behind her?
The events in this book begin with a bang and continue with a dark undertone as Neena worries about being caught and placed back in prison. The climax is towards the end of the book, leaving the reader with about 3/4 of the book to anticipate the ending! The author writes fluidly and emotionally, the reader will form an emotional attachment to Neena early on in the story. This book would be great for adult readers.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (326)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Guest Post by Author Karice Bolton
- The Sound of Red Returning by Sue Duffy
- Falling In Between by Devon Ashley Author This or ...
- Young Adult Giveaway Hop!
- Forbidden by Syrie and James and Ryan M. James
- Double Cover Reveal!
- Alienation by Jon S. Lewis
- Giveaway of Michael Palmer's Oath of Office!
- Ditched by Robin Mellom
- Author Contest!
- Chasing Mona Lisa by Tricia Goyer and Mike Yorkey
- Life As I Blow It: Tales Of Love, Life & Sex . . ....
- The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges
- The Queen's Daughter by Susan Coventry
- The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
- The Wood Queen by Karen Mahoney
- Indigo Awakening by Jordan Dane-Exclusive Excerpt!...
- Cleaning Machine by Gaylord Campbell
- A Five Minute Tour of Modern London: Guest Post by...
- Life Eternal by Yvonne Woon
- Awakening by Karice Bolton
- Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey
- Guest Post with Guy Magar
- Various Positions by Martha Schabas
- On A Dark Wing by Jordan Dane
- The Girls of No Return by Erin Saldin
- Ride With Me Free Excerpt! on sale 2/13/2012
- Guest Post with F.A. Hershey and Giveaway! (Intern...
- Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
- Toast to 2012 Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN)
- The Dirt by Lori Culwell
- The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe
- Face Up Gaming: Free Online Poker http://www.faceu...
- Cover Adoration Jan 12, 2012
- The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rot...
- Young Adult Faeries & Fantasy Hop
- Our Mother's Recipes Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Interview with Author Heather Beck!
- Twisted Fairy Tales Volume II Anthology – Intervie...
- Jailbird by Heather Huffman
- Giveaway of Switched by Amanda Hocking (signed cop...
- Touch of Power (The Healer Series-January 2011) by...
- Happy New Year 2012 Giveaway Hop!
- Joel Andre Guest Post!
- Darkness by Joann I. Martin Sowles
- Ten -- How Would You Rate Your Life? by Terry A Sm...
- Switched by Amanda Hocking
- Dragon's Wood by Janet Lee Carey
- Happy New Year!
- Lifting the Wheel of Karma by Paul H. Magid and 3 ...
- Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
- Lovetorn by Kavita Daswani
- ▼ January (52)