Search This Blog

The Best of Archie Comics, Book 1 (The Best of Archie Comics)

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Celebrate 70 years of Archie Comics fun with this massive full-color collection of over 50 favorite comic book stories hand-selected by noted Archie writers, artists, editors and historians. Also included are loads of entertaining behind-the-scenes anecdotes about the comics, their creators, and Archie's unique impact on America's pop culture!

Designed for young and old alike, this is both a must-have companion for anyone who has grown up with Archie and a perfect introduction for new readers.

Goodreads Summary

My mom gave my sister and I Archie, Jughead, and Betty and Veronica comics for nearly every Holiday and, sometimes, just for fun! I grew up loving how Betty and Veronica functioned as both best friends and enemies. I never understood why they fought over Archie, but it was usually in good fun. Jughead's eating habits and casual humor was enticing and fun! Even the vain Reggie had his good points. I loved each characters' names, personalities, and quirks. The plot lines varied from short to long and "to be continued." I feel like I learned a bunch of moral and even social lessons from these comics! I even love the different ways the characters are drawn from plot point to plot point. Sometimes the characters are drawn "sharper" and other times they are rounded out and a little kinder looking. Their personalities and are so fleshed out and distinct; even Midge and Moose appear from time to time and will become part of a beloved repertoire. I recommend Archie comics for "kids" of all ages and interests.

5 Stars

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ

0 comments: