Until We Meet Again by Renee Collins
Posted by Krystal Larson at 9:00 PM Friday, January 1, 2016
They exist in two different centuries, but their love defies time
Cassandra craves drama and adventure, so the last thing she wants is to spend her summer marooned with her mother and stepfather in a snooty Massachusetts shore town. But when a dreamy stranger shows up on their private beach claiming it's his own—and that the year is 1925—she is swept into a mystery a hundred years in the making.
As she searches for answers in the present, Cassandra discovers a truth that puts their growing love—and Lawrence's life—into jeopardy. Desperate to save him, Cassandra must find a way to change history…or risk losing Lawrence forever.
The pretty cover sucked me in. Cassandra is from present day and Lawrence is from 1925. On a day at the beach, Cassandra discovers that the beach is a special place that allows her to interact with people-Lawrence in particular-from 1925. She is a drama queen-one of her most agitating and annoying traits. I hated how she was a bit ridiculous towards her parents and had moments of needing to be the center of attention. Lawrence was a standard love interest. He almost overdid it though. At times, the romance felt forced and a bit of a farce. There were definitely cheesy bits. I didn't always feel like Cassandra and Lawrence were 100% in love.
I did like the story and the idea of catching glimpses from the past by going to certain places. I would love to be Cassandra in that case and I don't think she truly appreciated that ability. Overall, the book was an OK read and I did enjoy certain parts. Romance readers of the young adult/teen sector would likely appreciate this book.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ALA Midwinter Conference Giveaway!
- I Woke Up Dead at the Mall by Judy Sheehan
- A Tyranny of Petticoats: 15 Stories of Belles, Ban...
- Sanctuary Bay by Laura J Burns and Melinda Metz: E...
- 2016 list of First In Line authors!
- A Son's Vow: Blog Tour and Review
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Gail Barrett!
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
- A North Story by Dean Economos: Spotlight and Q&A
- Shallow Graves by Kali Wallace: Review and Giveawa...
- Free Enovella from Holly Bodger!
- Death in a Major by Sarah Fox: Spotlight and Givea...
- The Radiant Road by Katherine Catmull: Review and ...
- Zero Day by Jan Gangsei: Blog Tour and Giveaway!
- CELEBRATING THE DIAMONDS OF ROMANCE: 2016 MARKS TH...
- The Dirt On Ninth Grave Blog Tour
- 6 Random House Children’s Books Authors and Illust...
- The Isle by Jordana Frankel: Review and Giveaway!
- Debt by Rachel Dunning: Blog Tour!
- Your Heart's Desire by Melody Carlson Blog Tour wi...
- This Song is Not For You by Laura Nowlin: Excerpt ...
- The Rogue Not Taken Blog Tour
- Hillary Clinton Presidential Play Set
- Promo and Giveaway! The Resilient One by Cami Chec...
- The Dirt on Ninth Grave by Darynda Jones
- Box of YA/Teen ARCs Giveaway!
- The Rogue Not Taken by Sarah MacLean: Review and G...
- Riders by Veronica Rossi
- Until We Meet Again by Renee Collins
- ▼ January (29)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)