Riders by Veronica Rossi
Posted by Krystal Larson at 11:06 PM Friday, January 1, 2016
For eighteen-year-old Gideon Blake, nothing but death can keep him from achieving his goal of becoming a U.S. Army Ranger. As it turns out, it does.
Recovering from the accident that most definitely killed him, Gideon finds himself with strange new powers and a bizarre cuff he can't remove. His death has brought to life his real destiny. He has become War, one of the legendary four horsemen of the apocalypse.
Over the coming weeks, he and the other horsemen--Conquest, Famine, and Death--are brought together by a beautiful but frustratingly secretive girl to help save humanity from an ancient evil on the emergence.
Now--bound, bloodied, and drugged--Gideon is interrogated by the authorities about his role in a battle that has become an international incident. If he stands any chance of saving his friends and the girl he's fallen for--not to mention all of humankind--he needs to convince the skeptical government officials the world is in imminent danger.
But will anyone believe him?
The four horsemen of the apocalypse ride in a different story of modern times involving a man attempting to enter U.S. Army Ranger School. We have Gideon, a very strong young man that has high aspirations for his newly budding military career. He is a humanly flawed in all the right ways but still a good enough guy to be likable. He is also one of the four horsemen that ride for the protection of mankind and they are all are under skeptical watch of the government.
A big part of a majority of the book is dedicated to plot setup and story that leads to the sequel of this book. We learn about the awesome characters, and the out of this world horses that are part of the secret, world saving crew. The last part of the book is where things get really crazy, and it is worth the long buildup that you have to read through to get there. The author does an amazing job with making the characters believable as people while giving them unbelievable powers that are capable of helping and hurting in many ways. This book is definitely worth the read and is action packed with a great story to back it up.
Reviewed by Chris
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ALA Midwinter Conference Giveaway!
- I Woke Up Dead at the Mall by Judy Sheehan
- A Tyranny of Petticoats: 15 Stories of Belles, Ban...
- Sanctuary Bay by Laura J Burns and Melinda Metz: E...
- 2016 list of First In Line authors!
- A Son's Vow: Blog Tour and Review
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Gail Barrett!
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
- A North Story by Dean Economos: Spotlight and Q&A
- Shallow Graves by Kali Wallace: Review and Giveawa...
- Free Enovella from Holly Bodger!
- Death in a Major by Sarah Fox: Spotlight and Givea...
- The Radiant Road by Katherine Catmull: Review and ...
- Zero Day by Jan Gangsei: Blog Tour and Giveaway!
- CELEBRATING THE DIAMONDS OF ROMANCE: 2016 MARKS TH...
- The Dirt On Ninth Grave Blog Tour
- 6 Random House Children’s Books Authors and Illust...
- The Isle by Jordana Frankel: Review and Giveaway!
- Debt by Rachel Dunning: Blog Tour!
- Your Heart's Desire by Melody Carlson Blog Tour wi...
- This Song is Not For You by Laura Nowlin: Excerpt ...
- The Rogue Not Taken Blog Tour
- Hillary Clinton Presidential Play Set
- Promo and Giveaway! The Resilient One by Cami Chec...
- The Dirt on Ninth Grave by Darynda Jones
- Box of YA/Teen ARCs Giveaway!
- The Rogue Not Taken by Sarah MacLean: Review and G...
- Riders by Veronica Rossi
- Until We Meet Again by Renee Collins
- ▼ January (29)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)