A Son's Vow: Blog Tour and Review
Posted by sailingaway at 12:00 AM Wednesday, January 27, 2016
Shelley Shepard Gray’s first book in her Charmed Amish Life series is set in the quaint Amish village of Charm, Ohio, and tells the stories of the Kinsinger siblings who are each struggling to find both forgiveness and love in the face of tragedy.
Three months ago, everything changed for Darla Kurtz and her family. Darla’s father was responsible for a terrible fire at Charm’s lumber mill which killed five Amish men. And though he, too, lost his life, the town of Charm hasn’t looked at her family the same since. Even Lukas Kinsinger—with whom Darla used to have a close friendship.
Now her brother’s anger at the town is spilling over onto Darla, and she has the bruises to prove it. The accident already cost five lives, but if something doesn’t change soon, Darla fears it will cost her—and her family—even more.
Lukas Kinsinger wants to mourn the loss of his father, but he can hardly find the time to breathe. Suddenly the head of his father’s lumber mill and responsible for taking care of his three siblings, he’s feeling the pressure. He has also never felt more alone—especially with the new tension between he and Darla. But when he learns of her troubles at home, Lukas knows he can’t simply stand by and watch. Someone has to help her before another tragedy occurs.
As Lukas and Darla attempt to repair their families, they discover something deeper than friendship growing between them. But will Lukas and Darla’s love be accepted after so much loss? Or will the pain of the past overcome any chance of future happiness?
It is always fun to dive into a book about unfamiliar lifestyles compared to the one that you are used to. In this case we are given a story about a big conflict in an Amish town in Charm, Ohio. The more simplistic lifestyle does not equate to more simplistic issues in the town, and most certainly does not equate to more simplistic emotions when things go wrong. There is a lot to loose and many big things at stake for all the characters in this story. A lot of unresolved pain and anguish and heightening tensions that can go either like a war or be resolved peacefully. Is love possible even after all the hurt?
I loved the characters of Lukas and Darla. They have so much raw emotion behind their words and actions and it made the story very enrapturing the more you read into the book. Its not exactly the same, but you get a little bit of Romeo and Juliet in this story with the feuding of families and lovers on opposite sides. It is a story that has been told a million times and will be told a million more, however this one is unique enough to keep your attention and desire to see what the next chapter unfolds. Will the two families stop their feuding and let the love grow between Lukas and Darla, or will the war continue? You will have to take a look to find out.
Reviewed by Chris
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ALA Midwinter Conference Giveaway!
- I Woke Up Dead at the Mall by Judy Sheehan
- A Tyranny of Petticoats: 15 Stories of Belles, Ban...
- Sanctuary Bay by Laura J Burns and Melinda Metz: E...
- 2016 list of First In Line authors!
- A Son's Vow: Blog Tour and Review
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Gail Barrett!
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
- A North Story by Dean Economos: Spotlight and Q&A
- Shallow Graves by Kali Wallace: Review and Giveawa...
- Free Enovella from Holly Bodger!
- Death in a Major by Sarah Fox: Spotlight and Givea...
- The Radiant Road by Katherine Catmull: Review and ...
- Zero Day by Jan Gangsei: Blog Tour and Giveaway!
- CELEBRATING THE DIAMONDS OF ROMANCE: 2016 MARKS TH...
- The Dirt On Ninth Grave Blog Tour
- 6 Random House Children’s Books Authors and Illust...
- The Isle by Jordana Frankel: Review and Giveaway!
- Debt by Rachel Dunning: Blog Tour!
- Your Heart's Desire by Melody Carlson Blog Tour wi...
- This Song is Not For You by Laura Nowlin: Excerpt ...
- The Rogue Not Taken Blog Tour
- Hillary Clinton Presidential Play Set
- Promo and Giveaway! The Resilient One by Cami Chec...
- The Dirt on Ninth Grave by Darynda Jones
- Box of YA/Teen ARCs Giveaway!
- The Rogue Not Taken by Sarah MacLean: Review and G...
- Riders by Veronica Rossi
- Until We Meet Again by Renee Collins
- ▼ January (29)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)