Criss-cross America — on dogsleds and ships, stagecoaches and trains — from pirate ships off the coast of the Carolinas to the peace, love, and protests of 1960s Chicago. Join fifteen of today’s most talented writers of young adult literature on a thrill ride through history with American girls charting their own course. They are monsters and mediums, bodyguards and barkeeps, screenwriters and schoolteachers, heiresses and hobos. They're making their own way in often-hostile lands, using every weapon in their arsenals, facing down murderers and marriage proposals. And they all have a story to tell.
With stories by:
J. Anderson Coats
Y. S. Lee
I love so many of the authors who helped write this book so I was really looking forward to their stories...and I wasn't disappointed! There were fifteen unique stories with poignant, intelligent female characters. It's hard to go into one specific story since I enjoyed most of them and they were short enough that if I go into detail I might give something away. Some of the stories resonated with me more than others. I will admit that there were a few characters that I had a hard time connecting to. I really appreciated that I could read one story at a time and pick the book up later on. I didn't feel rushed into reading through the book. The authors, for the most part, were wonderful at plot building and picked interesting settings. I liked how there were unique historical events incorporated into the stories and how each girl was unique in her own way. Overall, this book is recommended to young adult/teen readers.
3 1/2 Stars
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ALA Midwinter Conference Giveaway!
- I Woke Up Dead at the Mall by Judy Sheehan
- A Tyranny of Petticoats: 15 Stories of Belles, Ban...
- Sanctuary Bay by Laura J Burns and Melinda Metz: E...
- 2016 list of First In Line authors!
- A Son's Vow: Blog Tour and Review
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Gail Barrett!
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
- A North Story by Dean Economos: Spotlight and Q&A
- Shallow Graves by Kali Wallace: Review and Giveawa...
- Free Enovella from Holly Bodger!
- Death in a Major by Sarah Fox: Spotlight and Givea...
- The Radiant Road by Katherine Catmull: Review and ...
- Zero Day by Jan Gangsei: Blog Tour and Giveaway!
- CELEBRATING THE DIAMONDS OF ROMANCE: 2016 MARKS TH...
- The Dirt On Ninth Grave Blog Tour
- 6 Random House Children’s Books Authors and Illust...
- The Isle by Jordana Frankel: Review and Giveaway!
- Debt by Rachel Dunning: Blog Tour!
- Your Heart's Desire by Melody Carlson Blog Tour wi...
- This Song is Not For You by Laura Nowlin: Excerpt ...
- The Rogue Not Taken Blog Tour
- Hillary Clinton Presidential Play Set
- Promo and Giveaway! The Resilient One by Cami Chec...
- The Dirt on Ninth Grave by Darynda Jones
- Box of YA/Teen ARCs Giveaway!
- The Rogue Not Taken by Sarah MacLean: Review and G...
- Riders by Veronica Rossi
- Until We Meet Again by Renee Collins
- ▼ January (29)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)