A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
Posted by Krystal Larson at 5:20 PM Monday, December 28, 2015
Scrooge, the most miserly of all misers, is shown the true meaning of Christmas by four ghostly visitors - his partner Marley, and the ghosts of Christmas Past, Christmas Present and Christmas Yet To Come. By Christmas day, he has learnt his lesson and is willing to enter into the spirit of things.
I read this book after Christmas, ironically. It's a quick and fun read. I love older books because the vocabulary contained within them is refreshing and I enjoy learning a new word or two and reconnecting with others that I don't usually see or use. Scrooge is a grumpy, older fellow. He has two words to say about Christmas "Bah Humbug." Not even his cheery, happy-go-lucky nephew can shake him into Christmas bliss. Scrooge's partner died roughly seven years ago and suffers in the afterlife due to his greedy, conniving ways. He cares about Scrooge and doesn't want him to end up like him. Three ghosts visit Scrooge showing him Christmases past, present, and future. The author illustrates each and every interaction (this book is a little wordy, but good for the imagination) to the point where the reader can picture the events and characters in the book.
Scrooge's character reminded me of simpler, happier times. He is a grouch, but he can be reformed. I loved how he turned his life around in the end and his reactions to the ghosts were perfect. I liked how the book depicted how someone can change his life around and live happily. I have to admit I am a sucker for happy endings. This book is a fun read for all ages (even if some readers need to be read to).
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (293)
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- Dumplin by Julie Murphy
- Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young
- Evangelicals for Life!
- An Indecent Proposal 2: Promo and Giveaway!
- Soundless by Richelle Mead
- Bloodcraft by Amalie Howard: Release Blitz and Giv...
- Dreaming Death Blog Tour
- Bloodmoon Cover Reveal!
- Shadows of Angels by L.G. Rollins: Guest Post and ...
- Montana Hearts by Darlene Panzera: Promo!
- Black Diamond by Ali Dean: Cover Reveal!
- Bloodcraft by Amalie Howard: Excerpt and Promo!
- INTERNATIONAL TUMBLR SENSATION EMILY TRUNKO TO PUB...
- Wrapped With a Bow Blog Tour!
- Southern Peach Pie and a Dead Guy by A. Gardner: P...
- Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers
- What We Left Behind by Robin Talley
- Santa's Bag Sweepstakes Giveaway!
- Up To This Pointe by Jennifer Longo
- ▼ December (20)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)