The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
Posted by sailingaway at 9:53 AM Monday, May 5, 2014
In this timeless new trilogy about love and sacrifice, a princess must find her place in a reborn world.
In a society steeped in tradition, Princess Lia’s life follows a preordained course. As First Daughter, she is expected to have the revered gift of sight—but she doesn’t—and she knows her parents are perpetrating a sham when they arrange her marriage to secure an alliance with a neighboring kingdom—to a prince she has never met.
On the morning of her wedding, Lia flees to a distant village. She settles into a new life, hopeful when two mysterious and handsome strangers arrive—and unaware that one is the jilted prince and the other an assasin sent to kill her. Deception abounds, and Lia finds herself on the brink of unlocking perilous secrets—even as she finds herself falling in love.
Royalty usually comes with arranged marriages. The "good stock" in society likes to make sure that they pass on their livelihood to those born into royalty. Princess Lia is not as into this idea though and she is rebellious even though she knows she is the key element to combining two kingdoms and making a powerful empire.
In this novel we see a lot of the familiar topics that usually appear in books on royal empires, however "The Kiss of Deception," retains its own original charm. Lia is a strong female lead and her confidence and vigor really show through in the pages. She is believeable as a princess yet relatable enough for most to find a connection with her character. One thing I did not like was that the end of the book was a bit rushed. There was a good even flow of events in the book most of the way through and then a million things happen and the book is all of a sudden over. I am all for intensity and quickly advancing plots, however this seems even a bit rushed for me to be fully satisfied. Oveall though, I truly enjoyed this book and would recommend to anyone interested in a book with a strong female lead and a scandalous love triangle.
"Reviewed by Chris"
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (364)
- ► 2015 (311)
- Deadly Sweet Lies Cover Reveal!
- The Medici Boy by John L'Heureux
- Petals on the Wind: Promo and Giveaway!
- Interview with Imogen Howson!
- Immersed by Jennifer Griffith
- The Mystery of Moutai: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- The Minimum Wage: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- Fat boy Vs. the Cheerleaders by Geoff Herbach
- Mortal Enchantment Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Kindle Countdown May 25-31!
- Now and Forever by Susane Colasanti: Trailer!
- Kids Author Lineup for BEA!
- Fae Cover Reveal
- Brazen by Katherine Longshore
- Adrenaline Crush by Laurie Boyle Crompton
- Second Chances 101: Promo and Giveaway!
- The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
- Rose and the Lost Princess by Holly Webb: Blog Tou...
- Lies You Wanted To Hear by James Whitfield Thomson...
- Fae by Emily White
- The Paradox of Vertical Flight by Emil Ostrovski: ...
- The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
- The Summer Invitation by Charlotte Silver
- In Velvet by Burt Weissbourd
- Little Green Men at the Mercury Inn by Greg Leitic...
- Unicorn Thief Tour.........Guest Post and Promo
- I Kill the Mockingbird by Paul Acampora
- The Midnight Library by Damien Graves
- Confessions of the Very First Zombie Slayer: Guest...
- Burn Out by Kristi Helvig: Review and Giveaway!
- The Island of Excess Love by Francesca Lia Block
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
- The Body in the Woods by April Henry
- Monument 14: Savage Drift by Emmy Laybourne
- Moon at Nine: Promo, Review, and Giveaway!
- Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by...
- Hungry by H.A. Swain
- The Race to Save the Lord God Bird by Phillip M. H...
- The Challenge: Promo!
- ▼ May (39)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)