The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
Posted by sailingaway at 10:11 AM Monday, May 12, 2014
Everyone has a lot to say about Alice Franklin, and it’s stopped mattering whether it’s true. The rumors started at a party when Alice supposedly had sex with two guys in one night. When school starts everyone almost forgets about Alice until one of those guys, super-popular Brandon, dies in a car wreck that was allegedly all Alice’s fault. Now the only friend she has is a boy who may be the only other person who knows the truth, but is too afraid to admit it. Told from the perspectives of popular girl Elaine, football star Josh, former outcast Kelsie, and shy genius Kurt, we see how everyone has a motive to bring – and keep – Alice down.
I have never read a book that stitches 4 different points of view together as well as Mathieu does here in this book. You get all the descriptions of the characters in the story to try to piece things together and make your own decision, then Alice's point of view gets a chapter. This is definitely the chiche high school gossip type of book, however the writing style keeps it fresh and interesting to the point where you really want to keep reading.
I found it very entertaining to read about the plights and struggles of teenage life. What really matters to someone at this age is completely different than what matters to us as we get older. It is extremely interesting to read about the different social circles of the characters and the connections between them as the story unfolds. Whether you are a teen or an adult, this book will have something for you to enjoy. Connect the rumors with the truth about Alice and figure out how the whole mess ties together in this well though out book.
*Reviewed by Chris*
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (292)
- ► 2015 (311)
- Deadly Sweet Lies Cover Reveal!
- The Medici Boy by John L'Heureux
- Petals on the Wind: Promo and Giveaway!
- Interview with Imogen Howson!
- Immersed by Jennifer Griffith
- The Mystery of Moutai: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- The Minimum Wage: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- Fat boy Vs. the Cheerleaders by Geoff Herbach
- Mortal Enchantment Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Kindle Countdown May 25-31!
- Now and Forever by Susane Colasanti: Trailer!
- Kids Author Lineup for BEA!
- Fae Cover Reveal
- Brazen by Katherine Longshore
- Adrenaline Crush by Laurie Boyle Crompton
- Second Chances 101: Promo and Giveaway!
- The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
- Rose and the Lost Princess by Holly Webb: Blog Tou...
- Lies You Wanted To Hear by James Whitfield Thomson...
- Fae by Emily White
- The Paradox of Vertical Flight by Emil Ostrovski: ...
- The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
- The Summer Invitation by Charlotte Silver
- In Velvet by Burt Weissbourd
- Little Green Men at the Mercury Inn by Greg Leitic...
- Unicorn Thief Tour.........Guest Post and Promo
- I Kill the Mockingbird by Paul Acampora
- The Midnight Library by Damien Graves
- Confessions of the Very First Zombie Slayer: Guest...
- Burn Out by Kristi Helvig: Review and Giveaway!
- The Island of Excess Love by Francesca Lia Block
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
- The Body in the Woods by April Henry
- Monument 14: Savage Drift by Emmy Laybourne
- Moon at Nine: Promo, Review, and Giveaway!
- Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by...
- Hungry by H.A. Swain
- The Race to Save the Lord God Bird by Phillip M. H...
- The Challenge: Promo!
- ▼ May (39)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)