Brazen by Katherine Longshore
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:45 AM Monday, May 19, 2014
Mary Howard has always lived in the shadow of her powerful family. But when she’s married off to Henry Fitzroy, King Henry VIII’s illegitimate son, she rockets into the Tudor court’s inner circle. Mary and “Fitz” join a tight clique of rebels who test the boundaries of court’s strict rules with their games, dares, and flirtations. The more Mary gets to know Fitz, the harder she falls for him, but is forbidden from seeing him alone. The rules of court were made to be pushed…but pushing them too far means certain death. Is true love worth dying for?
Those familiar with this time in history that truly enjoy reading on the royal families will feel right at home with this novel. We have deceit, secret love, and betrayal all wrapped up in a very well written package. The history is very intense and the romance is steamy enough to keep readers into this genre captivated and interested all the way through.
The danger is real and the tension is so thick at times, that not even the sharpest knife could cut through very easily. You don't play games in Henry VIII's court and when fishy business starts, the interesting part of the story begins. I really liked the historical fiction and diving into the world of the royal families as this is a rich time of history that always interests me. Whether or not the details of the story are 100% true to history, the details the author adds to the writing allow the readers to have an amazing mental image of the scenery and what is going on. You should definitely look into "Brazen," and let the royal games begin.
*Reviewed by Chris*
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (327)
- ► 2015 (311)
- Deadly Sweet Lies Cover Reveal!
- The Medici Boy by John L'Heureux
- Petals on the Wind: Promo and Giveaway!
- Interview with Imogen Howson!
- Immersed by Jennifer Griffith
- The Mystery of Moutai: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- The Minimum Wage: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- Fat boy Vs. the Cheerleaders by Geoff Herbach
- Mortal Enchantment Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Kindle Countdown May 25-31!
- Now and Forever by Susane Colasanti: Trailer!
- Kids Author Lineup for BEA!
- Fae Cover Reveal
- Brazen by Katherine Longshore
- Adrenaline Crush by Laurie Boyle Crompton
- Second Chances 101: Promo and Giveaway!
- The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
- Rose and the Lost Princess by Holly Webb: Blog Tou...
- Lies You Wanted To Hear by James Whitfield Thomson...
- Fae by Emily White
- The Paradox of Vertical Flight by Emil Ostrovski: ...
- The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
- The Summer Invitation by Charlotte Silver
- In Velvet by Burt Weissbourd
- Little Green Men at the Mercury Inn by Greg Leitic...
- Unicorn Thief Tour.........Guest Post and Promo
- I Kill the Mockingbird by Paul Acampora
- The Midnight Library by Damien Graves
- Confessions of the Very First Zombie Slayer: Guest...
- Burn Out by Kristi Helvig: Review and Giveaway!
- The Island of Excess Love by Francesca Lia Block
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
- The Body in the Woods by April Henry
- Monument 14: Savage Drift by Emmy Laybourne
- Moon at Nine: Promo, Review, and Giveaway!
- Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by...
- Hungry by H.A. Swain
- The Race to Save the Lord God Bird by Phillip M. H...
- The Challenge: Promo!
- ▼ May (39)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)