I Kill the Mockingbird by Paul Acampora
Posted by sailingaway at 9:55 AM Wednesday, May 7, 2014
When Lucy, Elena, and Michael receive their summer reading list, they are excited to see To Kill A Mockingbird included. But not everyone in their class shares the same enthusiasm. So they hatch a plot to get the entire town talking about the well-known Harper Lee classic. They plan controversial ways to get people to read the book, including re-shelving copies of the book in bookstores so that people think they are missing and starting a website committed to “destroying the mockingbird.” Their efforts are successful when all of the hullabaloo starts to direct more people to the book. But soon, their exploits start to spin out of control and they unwittingly start a mini revolution in the name of books.
Rebellious teens set out on a mission and succeed with flying colors to the point where the plot goes overboard. Booknerds get together and utilize social media and other means in an attempt to overpromote the book "To Kill a Mockingbird," and to get everyone to read its glorious pages.
I love the cleverness of a teenager these days. They have so many means to do research and accomplish their goals that sometimes their actions may be untraceable. This book shows how a little push can get a big movement going when carried out in the right way. I loved that there is a book about teenage book lovers and not teenagers bent on the destruction of society. Though, there is a bit of literary terrorism in these pages, there is technically nothing illegal done in the bookstore in the story. The characters are vividly created and I enjoyed reading the plot unfold. Pick up your copy and discover how a few teens change the literary world of their town.
*Reviewed by Chris*
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- ► 2015 (312)
- Deadly Sweet Lies Cover Reveal!
- The Medici Boy by John L'Heureux
- Petals on the Wind: Promo and Giveaway!
- Interview with Imogen Howson!
- Immersed by Jennifer Griffith
- The Mystery of Moutai: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- The Minimum Wage: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- Fat boy Vs. the Cheerleaders by Geoff Herbach
- Mortal Enchantment Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Kindle Countdown May 25-31!
- Now and Forever by Susane Colasanti: Trailer!
- Kids Author Lineup for BEA!
- Fae Cover Reveal
- Brazen by Katherine Longshore
- Adrenaline Crush by Laurie Boyle Crompton
- Second Chances 101: Promo and Giveaway!
- The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
- Rose and the Lost Princess by Holly Webb: Blog Tou...
- Lies You Wanted To Hear by James Whitfield Thomson...
- Fae by Emily White
- The Paradox of Vertical Flight by Emil Ostrovski: ...
- The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
- The Summer Invitation by Charlotte Silver
- In Velvet by Burt Weissbourd
- Little Green Men at the Mercury Inn by Greg Leitic...
- Unicorn Thief Tour.........Guest Post and Promo
- I Kill the Mockingbird by Paul Acampora
- The Midnight Library by Damien Graves
- Confessions of the Very First Zombie Slayer: Guest...
- Burn Out by Kristi Helvig: Review and Giveaway!
- The Island of Excess Love by Francesca Lia Block
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
- The Body in the Woods by April Henry
- Monument 14: Savage Drift by Emmy Laybourne
- Moon at Nine: Promo, Review, and Giveaway!
- Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by...
- Hungry by H.A. Swain
- The Race to Save the Lord God Bird by Phillip M. H...
- The Challenge: Promo!
- ▼ May (39)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)