Search This Blog

Torn by Amanda Hocking

Saturday, March 3, 2012
When Wendy Everly first discovers the truth about herself--that she's a changeling switched at birth--she knows her life will never be the same. Now she's about to learn that there's more to the story... She shares a closer connection to her Vittra rivals than she ever imagined--and they'll stop at nothing to lure her to their side.

With the threat of war looming, her only hope of saving the Trylle is to marry a powerful royal. But that means walking away from Finn, her handsome bodyguard who's strictly off limits...and Loki, a Vittra prince with whom she shares a growing attraction.

Torn between her heart and her people, between love and duty, Wendy must decide her fate. If she makes the wrong choice, she could lose everything, and everybody, she's ever wanted...in both worlds.


Goodreads Summary

Now that Wendy knows that she is a changeling, she is beginning to discover more facts about her past.  Wendy must leave her family to live in Trylle.  There she discovers that her new home is on the verge of a war...in order to potentially avert such an event she must marry someone with influence...and ignore several growing attractions.  Wendy has one love interest who is not suitable to her new status and she has another waiting for her.  Readers will have different reactions to this love triangle, some will not like the tension while others will enjoy how Hocking handles the three.

Wendy's character is developed further.  She is forced to make decisions in her new life that can't have been easy to comprehend.  Overall, Wendy tries to think of her people and make decisions based upon their best interests.  The other characters are very different from each other and easy to pick apart even though there are many to remember.  The author does a great job of infusing each character with personality and depth. 

The plot itself moved quickly.  The reader will fly through this book.  Torn is recommended to young adult/teen readers.

3 Stars

Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository


This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I haven't read anything by Amanda Hocking but with all the hype about her, I'll check this out.

  1. Great review! This is a new to me author and I'm intrigued with her books. Love the cover

  1. Aik said...:

    Hmmm... definitely sounds interesting! I like the cover, it's quite pretty and unique!

  1. Unknown said...:

    I have been dying to read this series. I have heard some great things. Shamefully, I am totally in love with the covers! LOL

  1. Pabkins said...:

    this one didn't seem like a must read to me. Now I'm glad...though I do have her book Hollowland that I plan to read...love zombies

  1. This is one technology that I would love to be able to use for myself. It’s definitely a cut above the rest and I can’t wait until my provider has it. Your insight was what I needed. Thanks

  1. This is one technology that I would love to be able to use for myself. It’s definitely a cut above the rest and I can’t wait until my provider has it. Your insight was what I needed. Thanks

  1. This series, well honestly this author, throws me. I have heard good things, but I have heard not so great things too. I started the Wake trilogy and it... was just not for me. But this one is interesting, and it sounds like it is unique. However, the love triangle....UGH