"Echo's Revenge: The Ultimate Game" is the story of 2 brothers, online game masters, who discover that the game creature which they have repeatedly killed while gaming online- "ECHO"- is alive and pursuing them in real life. Through their experiences engaging with this overwhelming opponent, they discover the power of their loyalty to each other as they defeat this
seemingly invincible predator. This novel series is part of the on-going investigation taking place at Echohunt.com, which also features science, technology and engineering issues related to reality games.
Reggie Stone, age 14, and Jeremy Stone, age 11, are accomplished game masters. These 2 brothers prefer to live in the online world of gaming which they can control, rather than the explosive, unpredictable world of their mother and her boyfriend. In the online game world, Reggie and Jeremy battle monsters and can easily control their destiny- or so they think.
While participating in a focus group for AAA Reality Games, Reggie meets the top players of the online game "ECHO'S Revenge". What the gamers don't know is that during the focus group the latest evolution of the legendary shape-shifting game monster- ECHO-7- has become a sentient creature who closely monitors all of the game masters' self-admitted fears and weaknesses. When Reggie returns home, his mother's boyfriend has a dangerously violent outburst which forces Reggie and Jeremy to flee from their home. Unknown to them, the outburst is a blessing in
As the boys start on their cross country journey to find their father, they begin to notice frequent Amber Alerts. What surprises them is that they recognize the kidnap victims in the alerts- they are all top gamers from the focus group. During their cross country journey, the boys hitch-hike with a variety of colorful characters and compile their own street code of life and ethics.
When ECHO tries to capture them outside a 7-Eleven convenience store in San Francisco, it finally reveals itself and the boys realize that it is the kidnapper of all of their fellow gamers. Confident after evading this terrifying enemy which knows far too much about them, the brothers arrive at their father's house only to be ambushed, kidnapped, and taken far away to be imprisoned in an abandoned mineral mine in the Mojave Desert. It is here, in a cauldron of underground enslavement with the other kidnapped game masters, that the boys are challenged beyond their physical and emotional limits as they learn the full impact of what ECHO-7 has become: an omnipotent God-like power.
Although face with probable death, the brothers decide to challenge ECHO. They engage the creature, and in doing so discover the power of their loyalty to each other as they defeat ECHO at its own game. In the creature's final moment of sentience, it realizes it's fatal error, and that it has "lost the game", but manages to commit one final act which haunts all of the gamers forever.
This book earns five out of five stars. Austin crafted great, creative, independent characters. Jeremy and Reggie leave home to escape their mother’s cruel boyfriend. While hitchhiking to find their biological father in California, they learn that their fellow gamers were kidnapped by a video game predator that has come to life called ECHO. This villain is hoping to hunt down the boys and kidnap them in the real world. The boys are strong and look out for each other. Reading about brothers with such a strong bond was really nice. They are protective of each other, their relationship is admirable. The reader may come to really care about the characters.
Echo’s Revenge is ideal for gamers, thrill lovers, and adventure fans. Boys would love this book and have fun on the website that accompanies the novel (echohunt.com). The author had a unique style that was really enjoyable. The next books in the series promise to be as exciting and fun as this first book.
*Reviewed by Kristin*
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (327)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Howl’s Moving Castle (No! Not the movie, the book!...
- Return of the White Deer by Robert Sells
- Charity Hopping Around the World!
- Literally Dead Ebook Free!
- The False Prince by Jennifer A Nielsen
- The Beautiful Wife by Sandy Ralya
- Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout *comment and enter ...
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyers
- Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter
- Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- Free Excerpts of Two Awesome Books!
- Kick Butt Characters Giveaway Hop!
- Awesome Contest :D
- Spring Cleaning Book Giveaway!
- Sign-Ups for Rainy Day Facebook Frenzy!
- Loss by Jackie Morse Kessler
- The Onyx Talisman by Brenda Pandos with an Awesome...
- After the Snow by S.D. Crockett
- Have You Checked Out Smart Style Guide?
- Sixty Acres and a Bride by Regina Jennings
- The Maid of Fairbourne Hall By: Julie Klassen
- Echo's Revenge by Sean Austin
- Abby Finds Her Calling: Home at Cedar Creek Book O...
- Lucky Leprechaun Giveaway Hop!!!
- Free Ebook!
- Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan
- Guest Post by Author Terri Giuliano Long!
- Cover Reveal!
- INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLING AUTHOR CASSANDRA CLARE T...
- Free Ebook!
- Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins
- Double by Jenny Valentine
- Gabby S Stick-To-It Day: A Story about Never Givin...
- My Favorite Mistake: an A Circuit Novel By:Georgin...
- Beauty for Ashes by Dorothy Love
- More Beauty, Less Beast: Transforming Your Inner O...
- Lunar Love Giveaway Hop!
- Masters of the Veil by Daniel A. Cohen: Review, Gu...
- Katana by Cole Gibson
- The House of the Wind by Titania Hardie
- Blue Moon Promise by Colleen Coble
- Giveaway and Help Me Get Votes!
- Creating The Antagonist
- Mental Restraint
- Guest Post by Kimberly S. Lin
- Downfall (An Intervention Novel) by Terri Blacksto...
- Giveaway of Calico Joe
- Farsighted by Emlyn Chand
- Embrace by Jessica Shirvington
- Susan Abel Sullivan Interview
- THE GAIA WARS – FREE ON AMAZON, one day only!
- Doxocology Tour! Comment for a Chance to Win and ...
- WORLD WEAVER PRESS ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF “CURSE...
- The Maid of Fairbourne Hall By: Julie Klassen
- Excerpt from Doxology! Please Vote For this Blog ...
- Torn by Amanda Hocking
- Redwood Bend: A Virgin River Novel By: Robyn Carr...
- Voices of the Dead by Peter Leonard
- Massive ARC Giveaway!
- Leap Into Books Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN)
- Life Is But a Dream by Brian James
- Coveted Excerpt! 4/24/2012 release
- Recession Proof by Daniel Maiman, Kimberly Lin
- Perception by Kim Harrington
- Dead is a Battlefield by Marlene Perez
- A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford
- ▼ March (70)