NEW YORK, March 14, 2012– Cassandra Clare, award-winning #1New York Times bestselling author of The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices series, has signed an agreement with Margaret K. McElderry Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, for a third young adult fantasy series featuring her immensely popular Shadowhunters characters. The new series will be entitled “The Dark Artifices.”
With more than six million copies of her books in print in the US alone, Cassandra Clare’s works have also been translated into 35 foreign languages. Ms. Clare took the world of young adult literature by storm in 2007 with her debut novel, City of Bones, which immediately became a New York Times bestseller. The Mortal Instruments series (which includes City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, and City of Fallen Angels)and The Infernal Devices series (which includes Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince) have gone on to become New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and Publishers Weekly bestsellers. City of Lost Souls, the fifth installment in The Mortal Instruments series,will be published in all formats on May 8, 2012.
The first book in The Dark Artifices will be published in 2015. Set against the glittering backdrop of present-day Los Angeles, the series follows Emma Carstairs, the fiercest warrior and most skilled young Shadowhunter since Jace Wayland, and Emma’s sworn partner in arms, Julian Blackthorn. Despite Emma’s complicated feelings for Julian, the two must band together to investigate a demonic plot that stretches from the warlock-run nightclubs of the Sunset Strip to the enchanted sea that pounds the beaches of Santa Monica.
“Beloved by teens and adults alike, Cassandra Clare is a powerhouse writer whose books cross many genres, and it is an event each time one of her books is published,” saysJon Anderson, Executive Vice President & Publisher of Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing. “The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices have both been tremendous bestselling series for Simon & Schuster and we're thrilled to be able to offer readers more memorable books from Cassandra Clare for a long time to come.”
“Simon and Schuster has been a wonderful home for the Shadowhunter books for many years, and I am so excited to be able to embark on this new adventure with them,” says Cassandra Clare. “I know readers will come to love Emma, Mark, Cristina, and Julian just as they have loved Jace, Clary, Will, Tessa, and Jem. Readers have often asked what will happen in the Shadowhunter world after the events of The Mortal Instruments and this series will give them a chance to find out.”
In the deal, which is for North American rights, the author was represented byRussell Galen of Scovil Galen Ghosh Literary Agency, Inc.Karen Wojtyla, Editorial Director of Margaret K. McElderry Books, who has worked with Ms. Clare since her first publication in 2007, will continue on as her editor.
A film of “The Mortal Instruments” is currently in development. The producers of the film adaptation of "The Mortal Instruments" are expecting to make a big announcement about the project in coming weeks. One of the producers, Robert Kulzer from Constantin Film, expressed his enthusiasm about his collaboration on the film project with Cassandra Clare: “Everyone working on the film is really excited to be in business with Cassandra Clare, one of the most brilliant, prolific and successful authors of our time. And we congratulate Cassandra on her new book series.”
# # #
ABOUT SIMON & SCHUSTER CHILDREN’S PUBLISHING
Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, one of the leading children’s book publishers in the world, is comprised of the following imprints: Aladdin, Atheneum Books for Young Readers, Beach Lane Books, Libros para niños, Little Simon®, Little Simon Inspirations™, Margaret K. McElderry Books, Paula Wiseman Books, Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, Simon Pulse, and Simon Spotlight®. While maintaining an extensive award-winning backlist, the division continues to publish acclaimed and bestselling books for children of all ages. In addition to numerous Caldecott, Newbery, and National Book Award winners, Simon & Schuster publishes such high-profile properties and series as Eloise, Olivia, Raggedy Ann & Andy™, Henry & Mudge®, The Hardy Boys®, Nancy Drew®, The Spiderwick Chronicles,Nickelodeon’s® Dora the Explorer®, and SpongeBob SquarePants. For more information about Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, visit our website at http://kids.simonandschuster.com.
Simon & Schuster, a part of the CBS Corporation, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Howl’s Moving Castle (No! Not the movie, the book!...
- Return of the White Deer by Robert Sells
- Charity Hopping Around the World!
- Literally Dead Ebook Free!
- The False Prince by Jennifer A Nielsen
- The Beautiful Wife by Sandy Ralya
- Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout *comment and enter ...
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyers
- Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter
- Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- Free Excerpts of Two Awesome Books!
- Kick Butt Characters Giveaway Hop!
- Awesome Contest :D
- Spring Cleaning Book Giveaway!
- Sign-Ups for Rainy Day Facebook Frenzy!
- Loss by Jackie Morse Kessler
- The Onyx Talisman by Brenda Pandos with an Awesome...
- After the Snow by S.D. Crockett
- Have You Checked Out Smart Style Guide?
- Sixty Acres and a Bride by Regina Jennings
- The Maid of Fairbourne Hall By: Julie Klassen
- Echo's Revenge by Sean Austin
- Abby Finds Her Calling: Home at Cedar Creek Book O...
- Lucky Leprechaun Giveaway Hop!!!
- Free Ebook!
- Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan
- Guest Post by Author Terri Giuliano Long!
- Cover Reveal!
- INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLING AUTHOR CASSANDRA CLARE T...
- Free Ebook!
- Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins
- Double by Jenny Valentine
- Gabby S Stick-To-It Day: A Story about Never Givin...
- My Favorite Mistake: an A Circuit Novel By:Georgin...
- Beauty for Ashes by Dorothy Love
- More Beauty, Less Beast: Transforming Your Inner O...
- Lunar Love Giveaway Hop!
- Masters of the Veil by Daniel A. Cohen: Review, Gu...
- Katana by Cole Gibson
- The House of the Wind by Titania Hardie
- Blue Moon Promise by Colleen Coble
- Giveaway and Help Me Get Votes!
- Creating The Antagonist
- Mental Restraint
- Guest Post by Kimberly S. Lin
- Downfall (An Intervention Novel) by Terri Blacksto...
- Giveaway of Calico Joe
- Farsighted by Emlyn Chand
- Embrace by Jessica Shirvington
- Susan Abel Sullivan Interview
- THE GAIA WARS – FREE ON AMAZON, one day only!
- Doxocology Tour! Comment for a Chance to Win and ...
- WORLD WEAVER PRESS ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF “CURSE...
- The Maid of Fairbourne Hall By: Julie Klassen
- Excerpt from Doxology! Please Vote For this Blog ...
- Torn by Amanda Hocking
- Redwood Bend: A Virgin River Novel By: Robyn Carr...
- Voices of the Dead by Peter Leonard
- Massive ARC Giveaway!
- Leap Into Books Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN)
- Life Is But a Dream by Brian James
- Coveted Excerpt! 4/24/2012 release
- Recession Proof by Daniel Maiman, Kimberly Lin
- Perception by Kim Harrington
- Dead is a Battlefield by Marlene Perez
- A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford
- ▼ March (70)