Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
Posted by Krystal Larson at 6:47 PM Saturday, October 15, 2016
Now a major motion picture from Summit Entertainment, the studio behind the blockbuster Twilight series and the upcoming movie Divergent, starring Academy Award Nominee John Malkovich, Nicholas Hoult, and Teresa Palmer and directed by Jonathan Levine.
R is having a no-life crisis—he is a zombie. He has no memories, no identity, and no pulse, but he is a little different from his fellow Dead. He may occasionally eat people, but he’d rather be riding abandoned airport escalators, listening to Sinatra in the cozy 747 he calls home, or collecting souvenirs from the ruins of civilization.
And then he meets a girl.
First as his captive, then his reluctant guest, Julie is a blast of living color in R’s gray landscape, and something inside him begins to bloom. He doesn't want to eat this girl—although she looks delicious—he wants to protect her. But their unlikely bond will cause ripples they can’t imagine, and their hopeless world won’t change without a fight.
After watching the movie yet again, I had to seek out the book. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the movie was very close to the book. R is a zombie who regretfully consumes people and falls in love with a girl named Julie (in part due to consuming her boyfriend's brain...awkward). He (sort of) takes Julie hostage and keeps her in his 747. When she decides that she definitely won't be staying any longer, he goes with her when she returns home. When it looks like their relationship will never take off, he pursues her further within the compound that she currently lives. What develops is a sweet, adorable romance that the evil Boneys (who prefer their skeletal state) despise.
I really liked R and Julie. R was an apologetic zombie who doesn't know how he got that way and wishes that things went back to normal. Julie is a traumatized girl (saw her boyfriend and friends die) who takes a chance on a dead boy. Together, they both wonder what caused the zombie outbreak: a disease/virus/biological weapon? This book will force you to think what consitutes humanity and how easy it is to lose that humanity. I liked the similiarties between the book and the movie. I liked how some zombies tried hard to continue human rituals despite their dead state (such as adopted children and marriage rituals). I loved Isaac Marion's writing style and intend to read the next two in the series.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Dogs and Their People Giveaway!
- Judith McNaught 14 Ebook Giveaway and Promo!
- Rachel by Caroline Clemmons: Promo and Giveaway!
- The Blockade by Jean Johnson: Giveaway and Promo!
- Saint's Row by Elizabeth Blair: Promo!
- Spooktacular Giveaway Hop 2016!
- Lead with Your Heart . . . Lessons from a Life wit...
- Bound by Blood and Sand by Becky Allen
- Books I'm Excited For This Fall!
- An Import of Intrigue by Marshall Ryan Maresca: Pr...
- Love Our Vets: Restoring Hope for Families of Vete...
- We Are Not Tornadoes by Michael Kun and Susan Mull...
- The 10 Myths of Teen Dating: Truths Your Daughter ...
- A Date at the Altar by Cathy Maxwell: Promo!
- Kiss Cam by Kiara London
- Unblemished by Sara Ella
- Midnight Hour by C.C. Hunter
- Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh
- Unscripted Joss Byrd by Lydia Day Penaflor
- THESE SHALLOW GRAVES and UNFORGIVEN Now in Paperba...
- Trouble at Plantasy Land by Vicki Marquez: Q&A and...
- Metaltown by Kristen Simmons
- 101 Books to Read Before You Grow Up by Bianca Sch...
- The Immortal Throne by Bree Despain
- A Wedding for Christmas by Lori Wilde
- Black Jade by Kylie Chan
- The Best Possible Answer by E. Katharine Kottaras
- An Amish Family Christmas by Shelley Shepard Gray
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
- Just Fine With Caroline by Annie England Noblin
- For This We Are Soldiers by Carla Kelly
- My Pancakes Taste Different Today! by Heather Wood...
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
- For Sale by Owner by Marlene Batemen: Guest Post a...
- Christmas in Paris by Anita Hughes
- Redemption by Anne Osterlund: Character Interview ...
- The Turncoat's Gambit by Andrea Cremer
- Missy Piggle-Wiggle and the Whatever Cure by Ann M...
- The Ruining by Anna Collamore
- Beast by Brie Spangler
- Just Juliet by Charlotte Reagan
- Download Your Free How-To Guide for Bring Your Bib...
- Red Queen by Christina Henry
- Accidentally Me by Kim Karras
- The Second Season by Heather Chapman
- The Cruelty by S. Bergstrom
- The BFG by Roald Dahl
- The Real Liddy James by Anne-Marie Casey
- ▼ October (48)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)