Black Jade by Kylie Chan
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:58 AM Monday, October 17, 2016
From the international bestselling author of The Dark Heavens and Journey to Wudang series, Kylie Chan, comes the final installment of her Celestial Battles trilogy.
The Heavenly defenses struggle to hold against the combined might of the Eastern and Western demon hordes. The God of War Xuan Wu is now at full strength—but is his might enough to safeguard the realm when half the Heavens are already in their hands? As everything around them falls apart, John and Emma must fight a last-ditch desperate battle to defend their kingdom and protect their families.
But will the kingdom ever be the same again?
This novel was jam-packed with action, steamy romance scenes (in a few places), and intrigue. I knew that the plot was going to include fight scenes, but I had no idea how many! It was almost a bombardment of fight scenes and they were very detailed. The story is mainly told from Emma's point of view. I did like getting to know her character better. There were so many secondary characters introduced in the first one hundred pages that I did initially have trouble keeping track of them. Emma is still worried about her son (and for good reason! Who would want her son "babysat/kidnapped" by a demon!). There aren't just fight scenes; Emma ends up married once...or twice...and I still don't know how the author fit in such a good romance plot in this book, but she managed!
I enjoyed Emma's character for the most part. During some of the book, Emma wasn't even really "present" mentally. She seemed out of it and not a huge part of the plot. In parts, the secondary characters took over. I did like how they played into the plot, but I was hoping that Emma would take center stage. To be perfectly honest, the ending was a little disappointing, but not to the point where I wouldn't pick up this series and give it another try.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Unblemished by Sara Ella
- Midnight Hour by C.C. Hunter
- Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh
- Spooktacular Giveaway Hop 2016!
- Unscripted Joss Byrd by Lydia Day Penaflor
- THESE SHALLOW GRAVES and UNFORGIVEN Now in Paperba...
- Trouble at Plantasy Land by Vicki Marquez: Q&A and...
- Metaltown by Kristen Simmons
- 101 Books to Read Before You Grow Up by Bianca Sch...
- The Immortal Throne by Bree Despain
- A Wedding for Christmas by Lori Wilde
- Black Jade by Kylie Chan
- The Best Possible Answer by E. Katharine Kottaras
- An Amish Family Christmas by Shelley Shepard Gray
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
- Just Fine With Caroline by Annie England Noblin
- For This We Are Soldiers by Carla Kelly
- My Pancakes Taste Different Today! by Heather Wood...
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
- For Sale by Owner by Marlene Batemen: Guest Post a...
- Christmas in Paris by Anita Hughes
- Redemption by Anne Osterlund: Character Interview ...
- The Turncoat's Gambit by Andrea Cremer
- Missy Piggle-Wiggle and the Whatever Cure by Ann M...
- The Ruining by Anna Collamore
- Beast by Brie Spangler
- Just Juliet by Charlotte Reagan
- Download Your Free How-To Guide for Bring Your Bib...
- Red Queen by Christina Henry
- Accidentally Me by Kim Karras
- The Second Season by Heather Chapman
- The Cruelty by S. Bergstrom
- The BFG by Roald Dahl
- The Real Liddy James by Anne-Marie Casey
- ▼ October (34)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)