The Immortal Throne by Bree Despain
Posted by Krystal Larson at 8:44 PM Monday, October 17, 2016
Daphne Raines knew it was risky to enter the underworld to save the love of her life, Haden, who had sacrificed his own honor as an Underlord for her sake. But she could never have predicted that she'd end up betrothed to Haden's conniving half-brother, Garrick, new King of the Underrealmâ-and bound to his dark world.
Even worse, Haden is banished to the mortal realm, and has just days to live as poison takes over his body and mind. Only Daphne's kiss can save him, but how can she escape Garrick and reach Haden in time? Surprises lurk around every corner in the final chapter of this epic romance story, as Haden and Daphne fight to fulfill their destinies.
I have loved this series and couldn't wait for this book to finish off the series! Haden and Daphne just can't catch a break. Every time they seem to be going in a positive direction with their relationship some obstacle came up that forced them further apart. Haden has been poisoned and, in a twist on Snow White (it seemed similar to me), only Daphne kissing him can save him. The poison depresses him and makes his character very...neutral. He just isn't the same Haden. The story is told by Daphne, Haden, and Tobin. I really enjoyed getting to know Tobin more. I liked hearing from Haden's point of view because I was able to see how much he truly loved Daphne. Daphne's devotion to Haden was also admirable and made me realize that part of why I enjoy this story so much is their romance and love for each other.
The ending was perfect. The author tied up loose ends and helped rationalize the characters' endings. There were times when I was worried about the characters and the author managed to inject that perfect does of suspense. Garrick was the perfect enemy/antagonist. His mean, forceful ways from trying to force Daphne to marry him and how he connived his way to ruler of the Underworld made him everything the reader would love to hate. I loved how Daphne, Haden, and Tobin overcame Garrick. This book was both a romance, thriller, and mythological story all rolled into one.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Spooktacular Giveaway Hop 2016!
- Unscripted Joss Byrd by Lydia Day Penaflor
- Trouble at Plantasy Land by Vicki Marquez: Q&A and...
- Metaltown by Kristen Simmons
- 101 Books to Read Before You Grow Up by Bianca Sch...
- The Immortal Throne by Bree Despain
- A Wedding for Christmas by Lori Wilde
- Black Jade by Kylie Chan
- The Best Possible Answer by E. Katharine Kottaras
- An Amish Family Christmas by Shelley Shepard Gray
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
- Just Fine With Caroline by Annie England Noblin
- For This We Are Soldiers by Carla Kelly
- My Pancakes Taste Different Today! by Heather Wood...
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
- For Sale by Owner by Marlene Batemen: Guest Post a...
- Christmas in Paris by Anita Hughes
- Redemption by Anne Osterlund: Character Interview ...
- The Turncoat's Gambit by Andrea Cremer
- Missy Piggle-Wiggle and the Whatever Cure by Ann M...
- The Ruining by Anna Collamore
- Beast by Brie Spangler
- Just Juliet by Charlotte Reagan
- Download Your Free How-To Guide for Bring Your Bib...
- Red Queen by Christina Henry
- Accidentally Me by Kim Karras
- The Second Season by Heather Chapman
- The Cruelty by S. Bergstrom
- The BFG by Roald Dahl
- The Real Liddy James by Anne-Marie Casey
- ▼ October (30)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)