It starts with a cry in the night.
Becket, walking her dog one winter evening, fears it’s an abandoned baby left out in the cold. But it is something else—something evil—and it tricks Becket into opening a doorway to another realm, letting a darkness into our world, a corruption that begins transforming Philadelphia into a sinister and menacing version of itself…but only at night.
The changes are subtle at first, causing Becket to doubt her senses and her sanity. But soon the nightmarish truth is impossible to deny: By day, the city is just a city, but at night it literally comes alive with malevolent purpose. Brick and steel become bone, streetlights turn into gallows, and hungry alleys wait to snare mortal victims. Terrified citizens huddle indoors after dusk, as others succumb to the siren song of the night, letting their darker sides run wild.
Once, Becket’s biggest problems were living up to her police commissioner father’s high expectations and a secret crush on her best friend’s boyfriend. Now she must find a way to survive and protect her loved ones…before the darkness takes her as well.
Becket was out taking her dog for a walk when she happened upon what appeared to be a demonic baby...who disappeared just as she called the police to report the abandoned child. For Becket, it doesn't end with the baby and things only get weirder. The buildings' faces and structures are demonized, the streetlights are now gallows with nooses, and the potholes have teeth! When Becket and Piper are forced into hiding in her house they witness Piper's neighbor being decapitated. Unfortunately, Piper disappears after the incident and comes back...Nightstruck. She is part of a gang of Nightstruck people that roam the streets at night and kill and main. She wants Becket to join her.
Becket's character was nice enough. I loved her character the best out of everyone else's. I don't know how she considered Piper a friend though. Piper was rude, obnoxious, and self-serving before and after becoming Nightstruck. I loved the love interest angle. Piper and Luke were dating in the novel, but Becket had a crush on Luke. She tried to hide it, but Nightstruck Piper figured it out and used him against her many times. Luke and his mother sheltered Becket when Piper destroyed nearly everything she cared about and Luke and Becket grow very very close. Their friendship and romance is developed slowly and very satisfyingly over the course of the novel. I loved the ending and can't wait to read book #2!
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Two Summers by Aimee Friedman
- The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury
- Nightstruck by Jenna Black
- To Have and To Hold by Lauren Layne: Review and Gi...
- Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn
- Summer in the Invisible City by Juliana Romano
- RANDOM HOUSE CHILDREN’S BOOKS ACQUIRES BESTSELLING...
- Keep Me In Mind by Jaime Reed
- Mabel and the Queen of Dreams by Henry L. Hertz
- Frost by M.P. Kozlowsky
- Like a River From Its Course by Kelli Stuart
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
- The Woman in the Photo by Mary Hogan: Review and G...
- Without Annette by Jane B Mason
- Love On My Mind by Tracey Livesay
- Smash & Grab by Amy Christine Parker
- Julia Vanishes by Catherine Egan: Interview!
- Murder Mezzo Forte by Donn E. Taylor
- Static by Eric Laster
- The Hatching by Ezekiel Boone
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- Never Missing Never Found by Amanda Panitch: Givea...
- How It Feels to Fly by Kathryn Holmes
- Flashfall by Jenny Moyer
- Lies I Live By by Lauren Sabel: Review and Giveawa...
- When We Collided by Emery Lord
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- And The Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich
- We Know It Was You by Maggie Thrash
- Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses: Review and ...
- Cover Reveal: Disney Princess Dream Big!
- The Fangirl Life by Kathleen Smith: Q&A and Giveaw...
- Kook by Christopher Vick
- Cradle and All by James Patterson
- Driftwood Point by Mariah Stewart
- The Lost and Found by Car Clarke
- AW Teen Summer Reading Challenge!
- Amy Chelsea Stacie Dee by Mary G. Thompson
- Jazz Jennings Named Latest Read Proud Listen Proud...
- Chasing Lady Amelia by Maya Rodale
- Gamescape: Overworld by Emma Trevayne
- FREE 14 Day Trial Is Now Available for the Odyssey...
- Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella: Giveaway and Pr...
- ▼ July (43)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)