Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:45 AM Wednesday, July 27, 2016
It’s Callie’s seventeenth birthday and, like everyone else, she’s eagerly awaiting her vision―a memory sent back in time to sculpt each citizen into the person they’re meant to be. A world-class swimmer. A renowned scientist.
Or in Callie’s case, a criminal.
In her vision, she sees herself murdering her gifted younger sister. Before she can process what it means, Callie is arrested and placed in Limbo―a prison for those destined to break the law. With the help of her childhood crush, Logan, a boy she hasn’t spoken to in five years, she escapes the hellish prison.
But on the run from her future, as well as the government, Callie sets in motion a chain of events that she hopes will change her fate. If not, she must figure out how to protect her sister from the biggest threat of all.
In a world where your future self is able to "send you a memory," how would you react if you saw yourself killing your little sister? Callie is named for the famous genius who discovered that memories can be sent from the future. She desperately wants to ensure her psychic little sister's safety-it's dangerous to be a psychic in this world. When her vision is viewed by both the guard and her, she must run unless she wants to be in a small cell for the rest of her life. Instead of continuing to run, Callie turns herself in for the noble cause of keeping her sister safe. Instead, she discovers that the very place she believed herself safe in was far from it. When her crush (who hasn't spoken to her in five years), Logan, breaks her out of her jail cell, Callie must decide how she wants to interpret her vision and if she truly believes that that is her fate.
Callie's character was kind, strong, and dedicated to her sister, Jessa. I liked how her relationship with Logan grew during the book, complete with flashbacks to their younger selves. I liked how she was a little selfish and wanted him to stay with her forever instead of returning back to civilization-that seems far more realistic than the constantly selfless heroine. Jessa and Callie connect even when they're apart via Jessa's "sender" abilities and Callie's "receiver" abilities. I wasn't surprised by the ending (it was a tad predictable), but I am definitely looking forward to the next book!
3 1/2 Stars
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Two Summers by Aimee Friedman
- The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury
- Nightstruck by Jenna Black
- To Have and To Hold by Lauren Layne: Review and Gi...
- Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn
- Summer in the Invisible City by Juliana Romano
- RANDOM HOUSE CHILDREN’S BOOKS ACQUIRES BESTSELLING...
- Keep Me In Mind by Jaime Reed
- Mabel and the Queen of Dreams by Henry L. Hertz
- Frost by M.P. Kozlowsky
- Like a River From Its Course by Kelli Stuart
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
- The Woman in the Photo by Mary Hogan: Review and G...
- Without Annette by Jane B Mason
- Love On My Mind by Tracey Livesay
- Smash & Grab by Amy Christine Parker
- Julia Vanishes by Catherine Egan: Interview!
- Murder Mezzo Forte by Donn E. Taylor
- Static by Eric Laster
- The Hatching by Ezekiel Boone
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- Never Missing Never Found by Amanda Panitch: Givea...
- How It Feels to Fly by Kathryn Holmes
- Flashfall by Jenny Moyer
- Lies I Live By by Lauren Sabel: Review and Giveawa...
- When We Collided by Emery Lord
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- And The Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich
- We Know It Was You by Maggie Thrash
- Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses: Review and ...
- Cover Reveal: Disney Princess Dream Big!
- The Fangirl Life by Kathleen Smith: Q&A and Giveaw...
- Kook by Christopher Vick
- Cradle and All by James Patterson
- Driftwood Point by Mariah Stewart
- The Lost and Found by Car Clarke
- AW Teen Summer Reading Challenge!
- Amy Chelsea Stacie Dee by Mary G. Thompson
- Jazz Jennings Named Latest Read Proud Listen Proud...
- Chasing Lady Amelia by Maya Rodale
- Gamescape: Overworld by Emma Trevayne
- FREE 14 Day Trial Is Now Available for the Odyssey...
- Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella: Giveaway and Pr...
- ▼ July (43)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)