Amy Chelsea Stacie Dee by Mary G. Thompson
Posted by Krystal Larson at 7:15 PM Tuesday, July 5, 2016
A bittersweet homecoming holds dark secrets in this heart-wrenching story of loss, love, and survival for readers of Room.
When sixteen-year-old Amy returns home, she can’t tell her family what’s happened to her. She can’t tell them where she’s been since she and her best friend, her cousin Dee, were kidnapped six years ago—who stole them from their families or what’s become of Dee. She has to stay silent because she’s afraid of what might happen next, and she’s desperate to protect her secrets at any cost.
Amy tries to readjust to life at “home,” but nothing she does feels right. She’s a stranger in her own family, and the guilt that she’s the one who returned is insurmountable. Amy soon realizes that keeping secrets won’t change what’s happened, and they may end up hurting those she loves the most. She has to go back in order to move forward, risking everything along the way. Amy Chelsea Stacie Dee is a riveting, affecting story of loss and hope.
This book was a beautifully-written murder mystery (with a twist). The murder had already taken place and the book centered around the kidnapping of two girls. When Amy returns home without Dee after six years of listed as missing questions are raised. Where is Dee and is she alive? Unfortunately, Amy knows the answers to these queries, but, out of fear, will not answer. She keeps the reader in the dark except for well-placed past flashbacks that will enable the reader to sort of guess where the book is going after a while.
I felt really bad for Amy, but I was just as curious as her aunt as to where her cousin Dee truly was. The more I learned about their kidnapping the more terrible it was. It's hard to describe it without giving something away, but the reader will not be disappointed by this story. I loved how the author added in certain details that really humanized the character quickly so the reader (and I) cared about both girls immensely. The ending was satisfying and I loved how it was all resolved. This book would be a perfect read for teen and adults.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Two Summers by Aimee Friedman
- The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury
- Nightstruck by Jenna Black
- To Have and To Hold by Lauren Layne: Review and Gi...
- Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn
- Summer in the Invisible City by Juliana Romano
- RANDOM HOUSE CHILDREN’S BOOKS ACQUIRES BESTSELLING...
- Keep Me In Mind by Jaime Reed
- Mabel and the Queen of Dreams by Henry L. Hertz
- Frost by M.P. Kozlowsky
- Like a River From Its Course by Kelli Stuart
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
- The Woman in the Photo by Mary Hogan: Review and G...
- Without Annette by Jane B Mason
- Love On My Mind by Tracey Livesay
- Smash & Grab by Amy Christine Parker
- Julia Vanishes by Catherine Egan: Interview!
- Murder Mezzo Forte by Donn E. Taylor
- Static by Eric Laster
- The Hatching by Ezekiel Boone
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- Never Missing Never Found by Amanda Panitch: Givea...
- How It Feels to Fly by Kathryn Holmes
- Flashfall by Jenny Moyer
- Lies I Live By by Lauren Sabel: Review and Giveawa...
- When We Collided by Emery Lord
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- And The Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich
- We Know It Was You by Maggie Thrash
- Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses: Review and ...
- Cover Reveal: Disney Princess Dream Big!
- The Fangirl Life by Kathleen Smith: Q&A and Giveaw...
- Kook by Christopher Vick
- Cradle and All by James Patterson
- Driftwood Point by Mariah Stewart
- The Lost and Found by Car Clarke
- AW Teen Summer Reading Challenge!
- Amy Chelsea Stacie Dee by Mary G. Thompson
- Jazz Jennings Named Latest Read Proud Listen Proud...
- Chasing Lady Amelia by Maya Rodale
- Gamescape: Overworld by Emma Trevayne
- FREE 14 Day Trial Is Now Available for the Odyssey...
- Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella: Giveaway and Pr...
- ▼ July (43)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)