Oz Chambers has a wonderful secret; the obsidian pebble, gifted to him by his dead father, is an artefact of astonishing power. The sort of power that makes the year eight science project a hands-down walkover thanks to the the pebble's genius avatar, Soph. But, there are sinister forces abroad who will do just about anything to get their hands on the pebble, and when fellow pupils start being attacked, Oz finds himself in very hot water. Soon Oz and his friends, Ruff and Ellie, are caught up in a centuries old mystery involving a missing ring, lava toothpaste and a murderous monster known as the Beast of Seabourne"
This is an enchanting story that is a delightful sequel that builds very positively on the first book in the series. The Beast of Seabourne is filled with paranormal fun and suspense and you will definitely be feeling a great connection to the very colorful characters. You will find yourself truly entering Oz's world and feeling like you are right there in the action...feeling like you are part of the story.
This book reminds me a lot of a combination of the movie National Treasure and The Wizard of Oz. It has the thrill of the chase for the possession and control of an artifact and an enchanting adventure with some close knit friends. What makes this story even more appealing is the air of mystery and resolution that is evident throughout the book. It keeps the book fun and enlightening, but it still retains a darkness within the story that will keep you wondering in some ways. This is a good thing though because you will want to keep reading if you are contemplating what will happen next and this book definitely does that. Dive into the mystery and bring it to life in your own mind.
*Reviewed by Chris*
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (365)
- ► 2015 (311)
- Alice and Freda Forever by Alexis Coe
- Daisy to the Rescue by Jeff Campbell
- Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Thomas Sweterlitsch
- Blackbird by Anna Carey
- Just Girls by Rachel Gold
- Leaving Amarillo by Caisey Quinn: Cover Reveal
- Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson
- Endless by Kate Brian
- Tomboy by Liz Prince
- The Beast of Seabourne by Rhys A Jones
- 20 Book Giveaway!
- 5th Annual Spooktacular Giveaway Hop October 15th ...
- Yoder Family Amish Restaurant: Promo and Giveaway!...
- Whispers From the Past by Elizabeth Langston: Gues...
- Atlantia by Ally Condie: GIVEAWAY and Review!
- Veronica Roth & Garth Nix event in Chicago!
- Whispers from the Past: Release Day Promo and Give...
- Mortal Enchantment is 99 Cents!
- Nora Bonesteel's Christmas Past by Sharyn McCrumb
- Feral Blog Tour: Interview and Giveaway!
- ▼ October (20)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)