Nora Bonesteel's Christmas Past by Sharyn McCrumb
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:00 AM Saturday, October 4, 2014
When someone buys the old Honeycutt house, Nora Bonesteel is glad to see some life brought back to the old mansion, even if it is by summer people. But when they decide to stay through Christmas, they find more than old memories in the walls. On Christmas Eve, Sheriff Spencer Arrowwood and Deputy Joe LeDonne find themselves on an unwelcome call to arrest an elderly man for a minor offense. As they attempt to do their duty, while doing the right thing for a neighbor, it begins to look like they may all spend Christmas away from home. In a story of spirits, memories, and angels unaware, Sharyn McCrumb revisits her most loved characters who know there is more to this world than the eye can see, especially at Christmastime.
There are two separate only slightly related stories that are their own element in this mystery on Christmas book. In one story we see an investigation into a haunting in a rustic old house and in the other we see a police officer that unfortunately comes into an interesting situation on what should have been a routine call. Both have their charm and keep a good pace as the stories unfold.
I really liked that the two stories had their contrasting tones and definitely played off of the feel of each other. The story about the haunted house retains a nostalgic charm while the story following the officers is filled with comedy that will leave you really laughing. You will feel for Nora in the story about the house as she wonders what will happen with the house as the new owners move in and start making what she feels are unnecessary changes to its charm and glamour. You will also love the hilarious banter that goes on between the two main characters as they investigate the hit and run on Christmas day. The two stories come together well and will leave you with a good Christmas cheer when you are done.
*Reviewed by Chris*
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- ► 2015 (312)
- Alice and Freda Forever by Alexis Coe
- Daisy to the Rescue by Jeff Campbell
- Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Thomas Sweterlitsch
- Blackbird by Anna Carey
- Just Girls by Rachel Gold
- Leaving Amarillo by Caisey Quinn: Cover Reveal
- Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson
- Endless by Kate Brian
- Tomboy by Liz Prince
- The Beast of Seabourne by Rhys A Jones
- 20 Book Giveaway!
- 5th Annual Spooktacular Giveaway Hop October 15th ...
- Yoder Family Amish Restaurant: Promo and Giveaway!...
- Whispers From the Past by Elizabeth Langston: Gues...
- Atlantia by Ally Condie: GIVEAWAY and Review!
- Veronica Roth & Garth Nix event in Chicago!
- Whispers from the Past: Release Day Promo and Give...
- Mortal Enchantment is 99 Cents!
- Nora Bonesteel's Christmas Past by Sharyn McCrumb
- Feral Blog Tour: Interview and Giveaway!
- ▼ October (20)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)