Following an all-out battle with the walking Dead, the Spirit Hunters have fled Philadelphia, leaving Eleanor alone to cope with the devastating aftermath. But there’s more trouble ahead—the evil necromancer Marcus has returned, and his diabolical advances have Eleanor escaping to Paris to seek the help of Joseph, Jie, and the infuriatingly handsome Daniel once again. When she arrives, however, she finds a whole new darkness lurking in this City of Light. As harrowing events unfold, Eleanor is forced to make a deadly decision that will mean life or death for everyone.
I couldn't wait for this novel as I loved the first in the series so much! Marcus has returned with more trouble for Eleanor. She has to run to try to escape him and regroup. Along the way, Eleanor meets someone who changes her way of thinking about necromancers. The character the reader meets who changes Eleanor is fascinating...he knew her late brother Elijah and has plenty to tell her. As soon as Ellie reunites with her Spirit Hunters, she feels more powerful and immediately begins making "silly" decisions.
I do like Ellie's character, but she makes me want to smack my head when I read about her. She is very headstrong and brave. It's not the end of the world, but she definitely doesn't think before she acts. I didn't think much of Ollie, Elijah's friend. He didn't seem very trustworthy to me and I often felt like he was holding back information. This book is a continuation from the first and just as good. I recommend this book to young adult/teens.
3 1/2 Stars
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- Random Help-Me-Get-Books-To-Book-Fiends Giveaway!
- My Sort Of Fairy Tale Ending (My Very UnFairy Tale...
- A few Excerpts from Scorched by Mari Mancusi!
- SIMON & SCHUSTER IMPRINT ANNOUNCES FANTASY SERIES ...
- It's a Crisis! Now What?
- Supernatural Six Giveaway Promotion!
- Sweet Dreams by Carla Stewart
- Kindle Fire HD raffle for Charity!
- A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard
- Reboot by Amy Tintera
- A Little Too Hot-Cover Reveal and Giveaway!
- Book Swap?
- Champion Chat with Marie Lu (she's wonderful! You...
- Single Effort by Joe Keller
- My Answer To Jodi Meadows' Anniversary Giveaway!
- How Not to Be a Dick: An Everyday Etiquette Guide ...
- Harper News!
- The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider
- The Unsinkable Herr Goering by Ian Cassidy
- The One Good Thing by Kevin Alan Milne
- Thanksgiving Giveaway!
- Gratitude Giveaway Hop!
- Staying Warm...or Keeping Cold Giveaway Hop!
- Bittersweet Magic Blast and Giveaway!
- Spell Fire Book Blast and Giveaway!
- November Kindle Fire Giveaway!
- Heart Breaths: Giveaway and Promo!
- Champion Poster and Tattoo Giveaway!
- Darkness Splintered by Keri Arthur: GIVEAWAY!
- Rule: 2 Copies/Posters Giveaway!
- Dystopian Giveaway Hop!
- Racing Savannah Promo!
- Cover Reveal! The Collection by Shannon Stoker
- The Care and Handling of Roses with Thorns by Marg...
- Sick by Tom Leveen
- 15 Book Giveaway Returns!
- Glittering Promises by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- ▼ November (37)
- ► 2012 (818)