Reboot by Amy Tintera
Posted by Krystal Larson at 2:33 AM Thursday, November 21, 2013
Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation).
Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum.
The perfect soldier is done taking orders.
How would you feel if you woke up 178 minutes after you died to a new world? Wren used to be human...but now she is a reboot. Reboots are kids/teens who have reawakened after dying because of or after contracting the KDH virus. Wren is one of the reboots with the largest number...meaning that she should be the best soldier. Reboots like her tend to be emotionless, cold killers. However, when she meets Callum, a reboot with a number of only 22, Wren reevaluates her decision to believe the doctors and scientists when they tell her she cannot be "human" again.
I loved Wren's character. There aren't enough strong females in young adult novels, but Wren meets the criteria here. She is truly brave and strong...everything I wouldn't mind being. I think that the reader might look up to Wren and want to be her like I did. I loved the dystopic world that Amy Tintera created. I wouldn't have minded if the author had told us a little more about the world around Wren. I was surprised that the plot was carried out so well in that it seemed very complicated to me. Overall, this book is highly recommended to young adult/teen readers.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- Random Help-Me-Get-Books-To-Book-Fiends Giveaway!
- My Sort Of Fairy Tale Ending (My Very UnFairy Tale...
- A few Excerpts from Scorched by Mari Mancusi!
- SIMON & SCHUSTER IMPRINT ANNOUNCES FANTASY SERIES ...
- It's a Crisis! Now What?
- Supernatural Six Giveaway Promotion!
- Sweet Dreams by Carla Stewart
- Kindle Fire HD raffle for Charity!
- A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard
- Reboot by Amy Tintera
- A Little Too Hot-Cover Reveal and Giveaway!
- Book Swap?
- Champion Chat with Marie Lu (she's wonderful! You...
- Single Effort by Joe Keller
- My Answer To Jodi Meadows' Anniversary Giveaway!
- How Not to Be a Dick: An Everyday Etiquette Guide ...
- Harper News!
- The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider
- The Unsinkable Herr Goering by Ian Cassidy
- The One Good Thing by Kevin Alan Milne
- Thanksgiving Giveaway!
- Gratitude Giveaway Hop!
- Staying Warm...or Keeping Cold Giveaway Hop!
- Bittersweet Magic Blast and Giveaway!
- Spell Fire Book Blast and Giveaway!
- November Kindle Fire Giveaway!
- Heart Breaths: Giveaway and Promo!
- Champion Poster and Tattoo Giveaway!
- Darkness Splintered by Keri Arthur: GIVEAWAY!
- Rule: 2 Copies/Posters Giveaway!
- Dystopian Giveaway Hop!
- Racing Savannah Promo!
- Cover Reveal! The Collection by Shannon Stoker
- The Care and Handling of Roses with Thorns by Marg...
- Sick by Tom Leveen
- 15 Book Giveaway Returns!
- Glittering Promises by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- ▼ November (37)
- ► 2012 (818)