The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider
Posted by Kierra at 2:33 AM Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Golden boy Ezra Faulkner believes everyone has a tragedy waiting for them—a single encounter after which everything that really matters will happen. His particular tragedy waited until he was primed to lose it all: in one spectacular night, a reckless driver shatters Ezra’s knee, his athletic career, and his social life.
No longer a front-runner for Homecoming King, Ezra finds himself at the table of misfits, where he encounters new girl Cassidy Thorpe. Cassidy is unlike anyone Ezra’s ever met, achingly effortless, fiercely intelligent, and determined to bring Ezra along on her endless adventures.
But as Ezra dives into his new studies, new friendships, and new love, he learns that some people, like books, are easy to misread. And now he must consider: if one’s singular tragedy has already hit and everything after it has mattered quite a bit, what happens when more misfortune strikes?
Robyn Schneider’s The Beginning of Everything is a lyrical, witty, and heart-wrenching novel about how difficult it is to play the part that people expect, and how new beginnings can stem from abrupt and tragic endings.
Ezra used to be the guy who had it all. He was hot - dating the best looking girl in town, and was
a talented tennis player; Ezra was a shoo-in for homecoming king. That was Ezra’s life before his
girlfriend cheated on him and his leg was shattered in a car accident. Now, Ezra is broken and trying to find his identity. Ezra used to be king of the popular kids, but he now sits with misfits, walks with a cane, and joined the debate team. There is a new girl at school, too. She is unlike anyone he has ever known and Ezra finds her irresistible. Cassidy is a debate star with secrets and a brokenness of her own that she tries to hide. The two fall into a romance they did not expect to find.
Schneider’s portrayal of a golden boy who fell from grace seems inaccurate to me. People love
to read about boys finding themselves and learning from bad experiences though, so I suppose
Schneider’s novel will please most readers. I did not particularly like Schneider’s writing style; it seemed posed and fake. Overall, the plot was interesting, and the characters were unique. The Beginning of Everything was not my cup of tea, but other readers may find the book uplifting and different from other coming of age novels.
"Reviewed by Chelsea"
Find this Book:
Barnes and Nobles
The Book Depository
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- Random Help-Me-Get-Books-To-Book-Fiends Giveaway!
- My Sort Of Fairy Tale Ending (My Very UnFairy Tale...
- A few Excerpts from Scorched by Mari Mancusi!
- SIMON & SCHUSTER IMPRINT ANNOUNCES FANTASY SERIES ...
- It's a Crisis! Now What?
- Supernatural Six Giveaway Promotion!
- Sweet Dreams by Carla Stewart
- Kindle Fire HD raffle for Charity!
- A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard
- Reboot by Amy Tintera
- A Little Too Hot-Cover Reveal and Giveaway!
- Book Swap?
- Champion Chat with Marie Lu (she's wonderful! You...
- Single Effort by Joe Keller
- My Answer To Jodi Meadows' Anniversary Giveaway!
- How Not to Be a Dick: An Everyday Etiquette Guide ...
- Harper News!
- The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider
- The Unsinkable Herr Goering by Ian Cassidy
- The One Good Thing by Kevin Alan Milne
- Thanksgiving Giveaway!
- Gratitude Giveaway Hop!
- Staying Warm...or Keeping Cold Giveaway Hop!
- Bittersweet Magic Blast and Giveaway!
- Spell Fire Book Blast and Giveaway!
- November Kindle Fire Giveaway!
- Heart Breaths: Giveaway and Promo!
- Champion Poster and Tattoo Giveaway!
- Darkness Splintered by Keri Arthur: GIVEAWAY!
- Rule: 2 Copies/Posters Giveaway!
- Dystopian Giveaway Hop!
- Racing Savannah Promo!
- Cover Reveal! The Collection by Shannon Stoker
- The Care and Handling of Roses with Thorns by Marg...
- Sick by Tom Leveen
- 15 Book Giveaway Returns!
- Glittering Promises by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- ▼ November (37)
- ► 2012 (816)