My Sort Of Fairy Tale Ending (My Very UnFairy Tale Life #3) by Anna Staniszewski
Posted by Krystal Larson at 4:02 PM Friday, November 29, 2013
Jenny's search for her parents leads her to Fairyland, a rundown amusement park filled with creepily happy fairies and disgruntled leprechauns. Despite the fairies' kindness, she knows they are keeping her parents from her. If only they would stop being so happy all the time-it's starting to weird her out! With the help of a fairy-boy and some rebellious leprechauns, Jenny finds a way to rescue her parents, but at the expense of putting all magical worlds in danger. Now Jenny must decide how far she is willing to go to put her family back together.
Who doesn't want to search for their parents in Fairyland? Richly described and somewhat exorbitant, Jenny searches through this world of chaos and unusual creatures. Her parents have disappeared in large part due to the happy little weird ones. Is there a reason the creatures aren't letting her get to her parents?
Jenny's character was well-developed and fun to read about. I felt like a middle grade reader would have fun with and relate to Jenny. I liked how the author included leprechauns-a mythical creature usually left out of books. The setting was very fun to picture; the author spared no detail. It was difficult to get to know Jenny's parents, they weren't featured much in the book. Jenny's character was both funny and optimistic. I liked how she had to debate whether or not to retrieve her parents because to get them back came at a greater cost than she realized. If it was up to me, however, I would always retrieve my parents. This book is recommended for middle grade readers.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (292)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- Random Help-Me-Get-Books-To-Book-Fiends Giveaway!
- My Sort Of Fairy Tale Ending (My Very UnFairy Tale...
- A few Excerpts from Scorched by Mari Mancusi!
- SIMON & SCHUSTER IMPRINT ANNOUNCES FANTASY SERIES ...
- It's a Crisis! Now What?
- Supernatural Six Giveaway Promotion!
- Sweet Dreams by Carla Stewart
- Kindle Fire HD raffle for Charity!
- A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard
- Reboot by Amy Tintera
- A Little Too Hot-Cover Reveal and Giveaway!
- Book Swap?
- Champion Chat with Marie Lu (she's wonderful! You...
- Single Effort by Joe Keller
- My Answer To Jodi Meadows' Anniversary Giveaway!
- How Not to Be a Dick: An Everyday Etiquette Guide ...
- Harper News!
- The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider
- The Unsinkable Herr Goering by Ian Cassidy
- The One Good Thing by Kevin Alan Milne
- Thanksgiving Giveaway!
- Gratitude Giveaway Hop!
- Staying Warm...or Keeping Cold Giveaway Hop!
- Bittersweet Magic Blast and Giveaway!
- Spell Fire Book Blast and Giveaway!
- November Kindle Fire Giveaway!
- Heart Breaths: Giveaway and Promo!
- Champion Poster and Tattoo Giveaway!
- Darkness Splintered by Keri Arthur: GIVEAWAY!
- Rule: 2 Copies/Posters Giveaway!
- Dystopian Giveaway Hop!
- Racing Savannah Promo!
- Cover Reveal! The Collection by Shannon Stoker
- The Care and Handling of Roses with Thorns by Marg...
- Sick by Tom Leveen
- 15 Book Giveaway Returns!
- Glittering Promises by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- ▼ November (37)
- ► 2012 (818)