Search This Blog

Whispers on the Dock by Evangeline Kelly

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Three sisters. A charming inn. Hints of mystery and romance. And a gorgeous seaside setting. Escape to Misty Harbor Inn. Readers will delight in the adventures of these three sisters who reunite to bring their mother's dreams to life.

Goodreads Summary

The three characters in this book reminded me of my mom and her two sisters.  I liked how everything that went on intertwined the three and the adorable plot of the story-seriously, how cute is it that they came together to fulfill their mothers' dreams?  I really enjoyed the theme of female friendship and strong family bonds.  This book is the final in the series and ties up all loose ends (no annoying "what happened here" for the reader).  

There is a character for everyone to like...and hopefully more than one!  I really connected with Carolyn; her sweet and thoughtful nature drew me to her.  The author utilizes a lot of descriptions to accompany the beautiful area and aroma of Sam's dishes.  I was literally taken back in time to my old Nancy Drew days with this book.  Anyone looking for a lighthearted mystery with a wonderful ending should give this series a try. 

4 Stars

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I haven't read enough mysteries yet. And I do find it refreshing when there's more than one good character. It'll take a little more than scenery to real me in, but I do love some good imagery. Thanks for sharing (:

  1. Berenice said...:

    This one sounds really sweet. And it reminds me of flowers and summer. Glad to hear you enjoyed reading this one. I will have to check it out. Fantastic review! =)