The Dead By Charlie Higson
Posted by Krystal Larson at 7:00 PM Monday, December 17, 2012
A terrible disease is striking everyone over the age of fourteen. Death walks the streets.Nowhere is safe. Maxie, Blue and the rest of the Holloway crew aren't the only kids trying to escape the ferocious adults who prey on them.Jack and Ed are best friends, but their battle to stay alive tests their friendship to the limit as they go on the run with a mismatched group of other kids, nerds, fighters, misfits. And one adult. Greg, a butcher, who claims he's immune to the disease. They must work together if they want to make it in this terrifying new world. But as a fresh disaster threatens to overwhelm London, they realize they won?t all survive.
This book did not release me from its clutches until three in the morning. I was so afraid that I slept with the lights on. Charlie Higson created a terrifying world in his novel, The Dead. A group of boys are trapped in a boarding school in the English countryside when a strange virus becomes an epidemic. Anyone over a certain age quickly becomes afflicted and succumbs to the disease. However, unlike any other deadly sickness, victims of the illness do not immediately die; the adults and teens become zombie-like creatures who crave the flesh of children. The boys must survive an attack by people they trust, they have to fight for their survival.
The Dead is not a book for children; I would not give this novel to any child under the age of thirteen. Gruesome scenes are described and at least twenty people died within the first few chapters. Most children could not handle the attacks and violence written by Charlie Higson.
I give Higson’s work four out of five stars. Blood, gore, and insanity are often brought together, but not like this. Charlie Higson created a world that will exist in the minds of all his readers, a world that they will not soon forget.
*Reviewed by Kristin*
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Happy New Year Giveaway Hop!
- Best of 2012 Giveaway Hop!
- 7 Reasons to Spoil Yourself With The Sullivans-Gre...
- Interview with Kassy Taylor!
- Ashes of Twilight By: Kassy Tayler
- My Monster Burrufu By: Alberto Corral
- Interview and Guest Post with Ryan Casey!
- Dark Side of Sunset Pointe: Book Feature and Kindl...
- The Liar Society: The Lies That Bind By: Lisa & La...
- Ryan’s Crossing By: Carrie Daws
- Ruby By: Amanda Burke
- Hating Heidi Foster By: Jeffrey Bloun
- Emily’s Trial By: Natalie Wright
- Whispers at Moonrise: A Shadow Falls Novel By: C.C...
- Touched by Corrine Jackson
- Guest Post and Book Feature: Suzanne de Montigny
- Peach Suite: Hotel Supplies and Equippment
- Faith: Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Book Feature and Guest Post by Olivia Hardin
- Mid-Winters Eve Blog Hop!
- HarperCollins Ebook Deals!
- The Stone Guardian Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Guest Post by Lisa and Laura Roecker
- End of the World Giveaway Hop!
- Warner Bros Holiday Movies Giveaway! (ends 12/20!)...
- At Every Turn By: Anne Mateer
- The Big Field: A Child’s Year under the Southern C...
- There were Dinosaurs Everywhere! By: Howard Tempe...
- Who Says Women Can’t Be Doctors? The Story of Eliz...
- The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar
- Grab Timeless Desire for $0.99!
- The Dead By Charlie Higson
- The Space Between Us By: Jessica Martinez
- Dead Ringer by Allen Wyler
- Assumed Calling: Guest Post and INT Giveaway!
- Real Mermaids Festive Treats Guest Post!
- Interview and Guest Post with Lisa Tillinger Johan...
- Nights of Steel Tour: Interview!
- Guest Post and Book Feature by Leandi Cameron!
- Robin L. Sanders: Guest Post and Book Feature!
- Guest Post and Book Feature by Robert B. Lowe
- Book Features by P.T. Macias
- Book Feature and Guest Post by Anderson O'Donnel
- Book Feature: Liz Schulte
- Interview and Guest Post with Lynne Cantwell
- Uses For Boys Trailer!
- Wednesday Online Video Chat with Author Diana Phar...
- My Very UnFairy Tale Life: Jenny’s First Adventure...
- Interview with Kassy Taylor!
- The Jelly Bean Crisis Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Book Feature and Guest Post by Hannah Fielding
- World of Shell and Bone: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- The Alchemist's Academy Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Face Up Gaming
- Dead Girl Moon by Charlie Price
- Caught In a Moment by Martin Dukes
- The Bracelet by Roberta Gately
- Flutter by Gina Linko
- Creating Characters by Roberta Gately: Guest Post ...
- The Cat Who Came Back for Christmas: How a Cat Bro...
- The Wedding Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
- Orangeberry Virtual Book Expo!
- Zoe & Zak and the Ghost Leopard Book Blast!
- Lethal Circuit Book Blast!
- Foul Magic: Guest Post by by Leanna Renee Hieber
- My Favorite Character in An Unexpected Angel By Ja...
- Goddess Girls Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Troll Hunters by Michael Dahl
- All I Want Book Blast and Giveaway!
- For What It's Worth Book Blast and Giveaway!
- No Safe Harbor by Elizabeth Ludwig
- Abandon by Stephanie Dorman
- Book Lovers Holiday Giveaway Hop!
- Parallel Visions: A Teen Psychic Novel Book 1 By: ...
- Crazy Weather, True Love & the Natural Balance of ...
- 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest (Jan ...
- Let The Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
- Beguiled by Rashelle Workman
- Resurrect by David E. Stevens
- Thunderstruck Blog App and Combo Pack Giveaway! (U...
- Surrender Book Blast and Giveaway!
- A Trace of Moonlight by Allison Pang
- ▼ December (82)