Abandon by Stephanie Dorman
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:00 AM Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Annalise never thought she’d live to see the apocalypse, but after the 2012 election she finds herself in a world that is falling apart. Riots are occurring everywhere and when her ex-boyfriend Cort texts her with an escape plan, she accepts the invite and follows him to the mountains of Western Maryland.
Once they make it to their destination though, everything is not as it seems. The power has gone out, cell phone service is non-existent, and the six friends find themselves trapped in a vacation home with no way to discover what is going on elsewhere in the United States.
Turns out, they might not really want to know after all…
Find out more at http:///www.abandonseries.com/
How many of us expect to experience an apocalypse? When Annalise's life turns upside down, she reacts very well. The reader will be instantly absorbed in her character as she navigates her new surroundings and figures out her best chances for survival. When her ex, Cort, invites her to go to the mountains in Western Maryland, she takes him up on it and sets off on a new adventure. However, the exciting aspect of surviving the apocalypse slowly slips away as Annalise realizes that monsters may actually be around every corner and that nothing can be counted on.
This was a very fast read. The plot moved so quickly that the reader may feel like the book ended much too soon. Annalise was easy to root for; brave and strong, she was an ideal female main character. Cort was interesting, the reader will likely find that he/she loves him right off the bat or hates him. The other characters added to the suspense and plot-building. Dorman detailed the plot from Annalise's point of view. The reader will desperately want to know everything that is going on, but the reader will be limited by Annalise's perspective-a facet of the novel that is strangely interesting. Some readers (like me!) will be disappointed that there was not a lot of survival skills or tips built into the plot. Overall, this book is worth a read and recommended to adult readers.
Find this book:
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Happy New Year Giveaway Hop!
- Best of 2012 Giveaway Hop!
- 7 Reasons to Spoil Yourself With The Sullivans-Gre...
- Interview with Kassy Taylor!
- Ashes of Twilight By: Kassy Tayler
- My Monster Burrufu By: Alberto Corral
- Interview and Guest Post with Ryan Casey!
- Dark Side of Sunset Pointe: Book Feature and Kindl...
- The Liar Society: The Lies That Bind By: Lisa & La...
- Ryan’s Crossing By: Carrie Daws
- Ruby By: Amanda Burke
- Hating Heidi Foster By: Jeffrey Bloun
- Emily’s Trial By: Natalie Wright
- Whispers at Moonrise: A Shadow Falls Novel By: C.C...
- Touched by Corrine Jackson
- Guest Post and Book Feature: Suzanne de Montigny
- Peach Suite: Hotel Supplies and Equippment
- Faith: Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Book Feature and Guest Post by Olivia Hardin
- Mid-Winters Eve Blog Hop!
- HarperCollins Ebook Deals!
- The Stone Guardian Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Guest Post by Lisa and Laura Roecker
- End of the World Giveaway Hop!
- Warner Bros Holiday Movies Giveaway! (ends 12/20!)...
- At Every Turn By: Anne Mateer
- The Big Field: A Child’s Year under the Southern C...
- There were Dinosaurs Everywhere! By: Howard Tempe...
- Who Says Women Can’t Be Doctors? The Story of Eliz...
- The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar
- Grab Timeless Desire for $0.99!
- The Dead By Charlie Higson
- The Space Between Us By: Jessica Martinez
- Dead Ringer by Allen Wyler
- Assumed Calling: Guest Post and INT Giveaway!
- Real Mermaids Festive Treats Guest Post!
- Interview and Guest Post with Lisa Tillinger Johan...
- Nights of Steel Tour: Interview!
- Guest Post and Book Feature by Leandi Cameron!
- Robin L. Sanders: Guest Post and Book Feature!
- Guest Post and Book Feature by Robert B. Lowe
- Book Features by P.T. Macias
- Book Feature and Guest Post by Anderson O'Donnel
- Book Feature: Liz Schulte
- Interview and Guest Post with Lynne Cantwell
- Uses For Boys Trailer!
- Wednesday Online Video Chat with Author Diana Phar...
- My Very UnFairy Tale Life: Jenny’s First Adventure...
- Interview with Kassy Taylor!
- The Jelly Bean Crisis Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Book Feature and Guest Post by Hannah Fielding
- World of Shell and Bone: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- The Alchemist's Academy Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Face Up Gaming
- Dead Girl Moon by Charlie Price
- Caught In a Moment by Martin Dukes
- The Bracelet by Roberta Gately
- Flutter by Gina Linko
- Creating Characters by Roberta Gately: Guest Post ...
- The Cat Who Came Back for Christmas: How a Cat Bro...
- The Wedding Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
- Orangeberry Virtual Book Expo!
- Zoe & Zak and the Ghost Leopard Book Blast!
- Lethal Circuit Book Blast!
- Foul Magic: Guest Post by by Leanna Renee Hieber
- My Favorite Character in An Unexpected Angel By Ja...
- Goddess Girls Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Troll Hunters by Michael Dahl
- All I Want Book Blast and Giveaway!
- For What It's Worth Book Blast and Giveaway!
- No Safe Harbor by Elizabeth Ludwig
- Abandon by Stephanie Dorman
- Book Lovers Holiday Giveaway Hop!
- Parallel Visions: A Teen Psychic Novel Book 1 By: ...
- Crazy Weather, True Love & the Natural Balance of ...
- 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest (Jan ...
- Let The Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
- Beguiled by Rashelle Workman
- Resurrect by David E. Stevens
- Thunderstruck Blog App and Combo Pack Giveaway! (U...
- Surrender Book Blast and Giveaway!
- A Trace of Moonlight by Allison Pang
- ▼ December (82)