The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar
Posted by Krystal Larson at 11:34 PM Monday, December 17, 2012
He can grant her wishes, but only she can save his life.
Margo McKenna has a plan of attack for everything, from landing the lead in her high school musical to dealing with her increasingly absent parents. But when she finds herself in possession of a genie's ring and the opportunity to make three wishes, she doesn't know what to do. Especially since Oliver--not blue-skinned, not bottle-dwelling, but a genie nonetheless--can see more than what she's willing to show him. With one peek into her mind, he can see the wishes that even Margo herself doesn't know she wants.
But Oliver comes with more than just mind-reading abilities, a flair for magic, and the prettiest eyes Margo's ever seen. Someone from his past is hunting him--someone bent on killing him, along with all the other genies in the world, for the sake of honor. And as Margo soon discovers, it will take more than three wishes to save him.
A whole lot more.
Margo is a typical high school student. She loves to sing, struggles in calculus, and tries out for the school musical. Genies do not exist in Margo’s world, neither does magic. When Margo picks up a ring in the girls’ bathroom and a boy appears, she is shocked and amazed. Oliver is a genie who is ready to grant Margo three wishes.
As Margo worries over her wishes, Oliver worries for another reason. He is being hunted by another genie who believes that by killing genies, he is freeing them. The sooner Margo makes her wishes, the sooner Oliver can leave. But the more time they spend together, the less Oliver wants to leave! The two are compatible in almost every way. Love never can be easy!
This book would be adored by high school girls looking for a fun and interesting read. Ribar created characters that draw the reader into the story. I was hooked by Margo on the first page. Oliver was fun, too. He clearly cares deeply about Margo and wants to protect her, but does not know if he could ever come back if he leaves.
4 1/2 Stars
*Reviewed by Kristin*
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (329)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Happy New Year Giveaway Hop!
- Best of 2012 Giveaway Hop!
- 7 Reasons to Spoil Yourself With The Sullivans-Gre...
- Interview with Kassy Taylor!
- Ashes of Twilight By: Kassy Tayler
- My Monster Burrufu By: Alberto Corral
- Interview and Guest Post with Ryan Casey!
- Dark Side of Sunset Pointe: Book Feature and Kindl...
- The Liar Society: The Lies That Bind By: Lisa & La...
- Ryan’s Crossing By: Carrie Daws
- Ruby By: Amanda Burke
- Hating Heidi Foster By: Jeffrey Bloun
- Emily’s Trial By: Natalie Wright
- Whispers at Moonrise: A Shadow Falls Novel By: C.C...
- Touched by Corrine Jackson
- Guest Post and Book Feature: Suzanne de Montigny
- Peach Suite: Hotel Supplies and Equippment
- Faith: Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Book Feature and Guest Post by Olivia Hardin
- Mid-Winters Eve Blog Hop!
- HarperCollins Ebook Deals!
- The Stone Guardian Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Guest Post by Lisa and Laura Roecker
- End of the World Giveaway Hop!
- Warner Bros Holiday Movies Giveaway! (ends 12/20!)...
- At Every Turn By: Anne Mateer
- The Big Field: A Child’s Year under the Southern C...
- There were Dinosaurs Everywhere! By: Howard Tempe...
- Who Says Women Can’t Be Doctors? The Story of Eliz...
- The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar
- Grab Timeless Desire for $0.99!
- The Dead By Charlie Higson
- The Space Between Us By: Jessica Martinez
- Dead Ringer by Allen Wyler
- Assumed Calling: Guest Post and INT Giveaway!
- Real Mermaids Festive Treats Guest Post!
- Interview and Guest Post with Lisa Tillinger Johan...
- Nights of Steel Tour: Interview!
- Guest Post and Book Feature by Leandi Cameron!
- Robin L. Sanders: Guest Post and Book Feature!
- Guest Post and Book Feature by Robert B. Lowe
- Book Features by P.T. Macias
- Book Feature and Guest Post by Anderson O'Donnel
- Book Feature: Liz Schulte
- Interview and Guest Post with Lynne Cantwell
- Uses For Boys Trailer!
- Wednesday Online Video Chat with Author Diana Phar...
- My Very UnFairy Tale Life: Jenny’s First Adventure...
- Interview with Kassy Taylor!
- The Jelly Bean Crisis Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Book Feature and Guest Post by Hannah Fielding
- World of Shell and Bone: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- The Alchemist's Academy Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Face Up Gaming
- Dead Girl Moon by Charlie Price
- Caught In a Moment by Martin Dukes
- The Bracelet by Roberta Gately
- Flutter by Gina Linko
- Creating Characters by Roberta Gately: Guest Post ...
- The Cat Who Came Back for Christmas: How a Cat Bro...
- The Wedding Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
- Orangeberry Virtual Book Expo!
- Zoe & Zak and the Ghost Leopard Book Blast!
- Lethal Circuit Book Blast!
- Foul Magic: Guest Post by by Leanna Renee Hieber
- My Favorite Character in An Unexpected Angel By Ja...
- Goddess Girls Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Troll Hunters by Michael Dahl
- All I Want Book Blast and Giveaway!
- For What It's Worth Book Blast and Giveaway!
- No Safe Harbor by Elizabeth Ludwig
- Abandon by Stephanie Dorman
- Book Lovers Holiday Giveaway Hop!
- Parallel Visions: A Teen Psychic Novel Book 1 By: ...
- Crazy Weather, True Love & the Natural Balance of ...
- 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest (Jan ...
- Let The Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
- Beguiled by Rashelle Workman
- Resurrect by David E. Stevens
- Thunderstruck Blog App and Combo Pack Giveaway! (U...
- Surrender Book Blast and Giveaway!
- A Trace of Moonlight by Allison Pang
- ▼ December (82)