Nights of Steel Tour: Interview!
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:09 PM Saturday, December 15, 2012
1. Was it difficult blending two very different genres?
-When I was first conceptualizing it, I found that steampunk and Westerns were a perfect fit. In many ways, the Wild West was home to a real steampunk world, where technology was moving quickly and inventors were fast to adapt new ideas (imaging being a farm hand and seeing your first mechanical thresher). For me, it was just a matter of upping the wattage and making the technology even more wild than it was in the day.
2. How did steampunk apply to the romance portion of the book?
-My hero, Jack Hawkins, has steampunk literally integrated into his body, in the form of a mechanical hand, and that comes into play with some of his interactions with the heroine. But I also wanted the romance to stand on its own, so even if all the technology was stripped away and the world was as normal as our own, the heart of it all would remain and be relatable.
3. What was your favorite scene to write?
-There's a scene where the hero and heroine, both hardened bounty hunters, sit down to a Dim Sum lunch, completely out of their elements. It was a ton of fun to write, allowing them to drop their guards and discover something new together. Not only was it a nice contrast to the high stakes of gunfights, it was great to take them out of their comfort zones and see how they reacted, all the while building their relationship.
4. Were there any characters that were particularly difficult or easy to write about? Why?
-Writing Anna Blue, the heroine, was a nice challenge. She's led a hard life and moves warily through the world. But she isn't weak, and has a strong command of herself. The challenge was showing all the aspects of her, from her caution to her joy in discovery to her unquestionable ability to handle a fight.
5. What can readers expect from this book?
-Nights of Steel gives the readers a ride along with two of the baddest bounty hunters in the steampunk West. There's action, wild technology, and a very human story of two people finding soul mates when they'd once thought they were all alone.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (365)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Happy New Year Giveaway Hop!
- Best of 2012 Giveaway Hop!
- 7 Reasons to Spoil Yourself With The Sullivans-Gre...
- Interview with Kassy Taylor!
- Ashes of Twilight By: Kassy Tayler
- My Monster Burrufu By: Alberto Corral
- Interview and Guest Post with Ryan Casey!
- Dark Side of Sunset Pointe: Book Feature and Kindl...
- The Liar Society: The Lies That Bind By: Lisa & La...
- Ryan’s Crossing By: Carrie Daws
- Ruby By: Amanda Burke
- Hating Heidi Foster By: Jeffrey Bloun
- Emily’s Trial By: Natalie Wright
- Whispers at Moonrise: A Shadow Falls Novel By: C.C...
- Touched by Corrine Jackson
- Guest Post and Book Feature: Suzanne de Montigny
- Peach Suite: Hotel Supplies and Equippment
- Faith: Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Book Feature and Guest Post by Olivia Hardin
- Mid-Winters Eve Blog Hop!
- HarperCollins Ebook Deals!
- The Stone Guardian Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Guest Post by Lisa and Laura Roecker
- End of the World Giveaway Hop!
- Warner Bros Holiday Movies Giveaway! (ends 12/20!)...
- At Every Turn By: Anne Mateer
- The Big Field: A Child’s Year under the Southern C...
- There were Dinosaurs Everywhere! By: Howard Tempe...
- Who Says Women Can’t Be Doctors? The Story of Eliz...
- The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar
- Grab Timeless Desire for $0.99!
- The Dead By Charlie Higson
- The Space Between Us By: Jessica Martinez
- Dead Ringer by Allen Wyler
- Assumed Calling: Guest Post and INT Giveaway!
- Real Mermaids Festive Treats Guest Post!
- Interview and Guest Post with Lisa Tillinger Johan...
- Nights of Steel Tour: Interview!
- Guest Post and Book Feature by Leandi Cameron!
- Robin L. Sanders: Guest Post and Book Feature!
- Guest Post and Book Feature by Robert B. Lowe
- Book Features by P.T. Macias
- Book Feature and Guest Post by Anderson O'Donnel
- Book Feature: Liz Schulte
- Interview and Guest Post with Lynne Cantwell
- Uses For Boys Trailer!
- Wednesday Online Video Chat with Author Diana Phar...
- My Very UnFairy Tale Life: Jenny’s First Adventure...
- Interview with Kassy Taylor!
- The Jelly Bean Crisis Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Book Feature and Guest Post by Hannah Fielding
- World of Shell and Bone: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- The Alchemist's Academy Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Face Up Gaming
- Dead Girl Moon by Charlie Price
- Caught In a Moment by Martin Dukes
- The Bracelet by Roberta Gately
- Flutter by Gina Linko
- Creating Characters by Roberta Gately: Guest Post ...
- The Cat Who Came Back for Christmas: How a Cat Bro...
- The Wedding Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
- Orangeberry Virtual Book Expo!
- Zoe & Zak and the Ghost Leopard Book Blast!
- Lethal Circuit Book Blast!
- Foul Magic: Guest Post by by Leanna Renee Hieber
- My Favorite Character in An Unexpected Angel By Ja...
- Goddess Girls Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Troll Hunters by Michael Dahl
- All I Want Book Blast and Giveaway!
- For What It's Worth Book Blast and Giveaway!
- No Safe Harbor by Elizabeth Ludwig
- Abandon by Stephanie Dorman
- Book Lovers Holiday Giveaway Hop!
- Parallel Visions: A Teen Psychic Novel Book 1 By: ...
- Crazy Weather, True Love & the Natural Balance of ...
- 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest (Jan ...
- Let The Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
- Beguiled by Rashelle Workman
- Resurrect by David E. Stevens
- Thunderstruck Blog App and Combo Pack Giveaway! (U...
- Surrender Book Blast and Giveaway!
- A Trace of Moonlight by Allison Pang
- ▼ December (82)