Interview with Kassy Taylor!
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:44 PM Wednesday, December 12, 2012
1. The dome seems so forbidding and yet strangely comforting (when you consider the supposed alternative), would you ever live inside "the dome?"
I guess it depends on the alternative. I enjoy being outside and would definitely miss the sky and the trees and the mountains. It also depends on the restrictions. I could never give up my pets, nor would I want myself, or my children and my children's children to be restricted in what they could do with their lives. Everyone should be able to follow their dreams.
2. Did you draw on your own or others' personality traits for Wren? Was she difficult or easy to write about?
I'm a dreamer, like Wren. I would like to think I have her courage but I've never been tested as she has. Wren came to me as a full blown character. She's her own person, not a model of anyone else.
3. What can readers expect from Wren in this book? A lot of questions and a lot of determination. She's a deep thinker, but once she decides on something, she sticks to it and goes after it.
4. What was your main inspiration for writingAshes of Twilight? i wanted to pay tribute to the miners in West Virginia who lost their lives in the coal mines, including my Uncle, who the book is dedicated too.
5. Which scene was your favorite to write about? the scene where Pace is stuck in the tunnels because I am claustrophobic too.
6. What can we expect in any follow-up books (and we hope there are a few!)? A lot of action and growing up on Wren's part once they are outside and a new young man from America named Levi Addison that has Wren questioning her feelings for Pace. The next book is Shadows Of Glass and will be out next July.
Imagine a world with virtually no sunlight—where the air you breathe is so heavy and laden with coal that it will eventually cause your lungs to collapse. You must accept this world you were born into and understand that your dreams and ambitions will never come true.
In Kassy Taylor’s debut dystopian young adult novel, ASHES OF TWILIGHT (St. Martin’s Griffin; November 13, 2012), for coal miner Wren MacAvoy this is the only life she has ever known. But unlike the others who accept this predetermined fate, Wren yearns for something more than shoveling coal and being forced to marry a man she does not love.
ASHES OF TWILIGHT takes readers into Wren’s underground world full of secrets, mysteries, and uncertainties. The domed city in which she lives was constructed in 1878 to protect the royal bloodline of England from Haley’s Comet that collided with Earth. But after nearly two hundreds years of life beneath the dome, coal is running out and people are beginning to wonder if the world is still consumed by fire. When Alex, one of Wren’s friends escapes from the dome in the hopes of a better life, he is captured and burned alive as a warning to others to stay in the dome. Wren witnesses Alex’s death and he leaves her with these haunting last words, “the sky is blue.”
And so begins Wren’s dangerous quest to find a way out of the dome and see for herself what the
outside world truly holds. What follows is a remarkable love story between Wren and Pace as they and a group of unlikely friends do whatever it takes to avenge Alex’s murder and find a way out. Wren’s determination for a better life unwittingly causes a revolution that destroys the dome and changes everyone’s destiny. Will Wren and Pace make it out alive and establish a life together outside of the dome?
Full of romance, excitement, action, and heartache, this thrilling first installment of the three-part series is not to be missed.
Kassy Tayler has always been a writer. Since the beginning of her memories, her biggest desire has been to put words to paper. Now she is living her dream and has several published novels to her credit in multiple genres. She’s been married for several years to the man of her dreams. They’ve raised two exceptional sons. Kassy lives within the shadow of Pilot Mountain, NC with her husband, her doxie, Cody, and two cats, who continually make life interesting. Follow Kassy on twitter @kassytayler.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (323)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Happy New Year Giveaway Hop!
- Best of 2012 Giveaway Hop!
- 7 Reasons to Spoil Yourself With The Sullivans-Gre...
- Interview with Kassy Taylor!
- Ashes of Twilight By: Kassy Tayler
- My Monster Burrufu By: Alberto Corral
- Interview and Guest Post with Ryan Casey!
- Dark Side of Sunset Pointe: Book Feature and Kindl...
- The Liar Society: The Lies That Bind By: Lisa & La...
- Ryan’s Crossing By: Carrie Daws
- Ruby By: Amanda Burke
- Hating Heidi Foster By: Jeffrey Bloun
- Emily’s Trial By: Natalie Wright
- Whispers at Moonrise: A Shadow Falls Novel By: C.C...
- Touched by Corrine Jackson
- Guest Post and Book Feature: Suzanne de Montigny
- Peach Suite: Hotel Supplies and Equippment
- Faith: Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Book Feature and Guest Post by Olivia Hardin
- Mid-Winters Eve Blog Hop!
- HarperCollins Ebook Deals!
- The Stone Guardian Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Guest Post by Lisa and Laura Roecker
- End of the World Giveaway Hop!
- Warner Bros Holiday Movies Giveaway! (ends 12/20!)...
- At Every Turn By: Anne Mateer
- The Big Field: A Child’s Year under the Southern C...
- There were Dinosaurs Everywhere! By: Howard Tempe...
- Who Says Women Can’t Be Doctors? The Story of Eliz...
- The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar
- Grab Timeless Desire for $0.99!
- The Dead By Charlie Higson
- The Space Between Us By: Jessica Martinez
- Dead Ringer by Allen Wyler
- Assumed Calling: Guest Post and INT Giveaway!
- Real Mermaids Festive Treats Guest Post!
- Interview and Guest Post with Lisa Tillinger Johan...
- Nights of Steel Tour: Interview!
- Guest Post and Book Feature by Leandi Cameron!
- Robin L. Sanders: Guest Post and Book Feature!
- Guest Post and Book Feature by Robert B. Lowe
- Book Features by P.T. Macias
- Book Feature and Guest Post by Anderson O'Donnel
- Book Feature: Liz Schulte
- Interview and Guest Post with Lynne Cantwell
- Uses For Boys Trailer!
- Wednesday Online Video Chat with Author Diana Phar...
- My Very UnFairy Tale Life: Jenny’s First Adventure...
- Interview with Kassy Taylor!
- The Jelly Bean Crisis Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Book Feature and Guest Post by Hannah Fielding
- World of Shell and Bone: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- The Alchemist's Academy Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Face Up Gaming
- Dead Girl Moon by Charlie Price
- Caught In a Moment by Martin Dukes
- The Bracelet by Roberta Gately
- Flutter by Gina Linko
- Creating Characters by Roberta Gately: Guest Post ...
- The Cat Who Came Back for Christmas: How a Cat Bro...
- The Wedding Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
- Orangeberry Virtual Book Expo!
- Zoe & Zak and the Ghost Leopard Book Blast!
- Lethal Circuit Book Blast!
- Foul Magic: Guest Post by by Leanna Renee Hieber
- My Favorite Character in An Unexpected Angel By Ja...
- Goddess Girls Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Troll Hunters by Michael Dahl
- All I Want Book Blast and Giveaway!
- For What It's Worth Book Blast and Giveaway!
- No Safe Harbor by Elizabeth Ludwig
- Abandon by Stephanie Dorman
- Book Lovers Holiday Giveaway Hop!
- Parallel Visions: A Teen Psychic Novel Book 1 By: ...
- Crazy Weather, True Love & the Natural Balance of ...
- 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest (Jan ...
- Let The Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
- Beguiled by Rashelle Workman
- Resurrect by David E. Stevens
- Thunderstruck Blog App and Combo Pack Giveaway! (U...
- Surrender Book Blast and Giveaway!
- A Trace of Moonlight by Allison Pang
- ▼ December (82)