Lady Bridget's Diary by Maya Rodale
Posted by Krystal Larson at 3:50 PM Wednesday, February 17, 2016
In the first novel of Maya Rodale's stunning new series, an American heiress must learn to navigate London society and an infuriatingly irresistible rake . . .
Lord Darcy is the quintessential Englishman: wealthy, titled, impossibly proper, and horrified that a pack of Americans has inherited one of England's most respected dukedoms. But his manners, his infamous self-restraint, and his better judgment fly out the window when he finds himself with the maddening American girl next door.
Lady Bridget Cavendish has grand—but thwarted—plans to become a Perfect Lady and take the haute ton by storm. In her diary, Bridget records her disastrous attempts to assimilate into London high society, her adoration of the handsome rogue next door, her disdain for the Dreadful Lord Darcy, and some truly scandalous secrets that could ruin them all.
It was loathing at first sight for Lady Bridget and Lord Darcy. But their paths keep crossing . . . and somehow involve kissing. When Lady Bridget's diary goes missing, both Darcy and Bridget must decide what matters most of all—a sterling reputation or a perfectly imperfect love.
I expected this book to be more of an "English" romance, but the author combined England with America and focused more on the American theme. Bridget and her family tries to conform to English high society, but not all of the attempts go well and Bridget simply must write down the mishaps, trials, and errors in her diary. Some of what she writes is scandalous and would ruin her chances of making a proper marriage and potentially harm her family's new reputation (which is already under threat due to their presence as newcomers). When her diary can't be found, she enlists the help of Lord Darcy to keep her secret feelings and memories under wraps.
Bridget and Darcy were hilarious together. When they first meet each other it is the opposite of love at first sight. Lord Darcy is skeptical of the new American family next door and Lady Bridget did not picture Lord Darcy when she thought of "English gentleman." They don't work together well in the beginning, but their dialogue and flirtation drives the plot. I can't imagine losing a diary (though presently I don't keep one). It would be horrifying...especially at a time where you can lose your reputation based on its contents. Overall, this would be a fun read for romance readers.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Dreamfever by Kit Alloway
- Meet Tor Editors on Tour!
- Tease Me Thursday: Promo!
- A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann
- Dead Girl by Tessa Marie: Cover Reveal!
- Blocked by Jennifer Lane: Promo!
- Bad Boy by J.C. Reed and Jackie Steele: Promo and ...
- Down to My Soul by Kennedy Ryan: Promo and Giveawa...
- Sweet Spot by Lucy Felthouse: Release Blitz and Ex...
- Why They Run the Way They Do by Susan Perabo
- Keeper of the Stars by Robin Lee Hatcher
- Tested by Her WebMaster by Normandie Alleman: Prom...
- Lady Bridget's Diary by Maya Rodale
- Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell
- Guest post by Chris A. Jackson and a Giveaway!
- Riders by Veronica Rossi: Blog Tour and Review!
- Read The Love!
- Listen to Me by Kristen Proby: Song Release and Fe...
- Burning Midnight by Will McIntosh
- The Rise of Genesis by M.R. Merrick Cover Reveal!
- Love In London Contest!
- You! Personalized Books by Sandra Magsamen: Revie...
- Escape to Eden by Rachel McClellan: Promo and Give...
- Your New Money Mindset: Create a Healthy Relations...
- The Bride Wore Starlight by Lizbeth Selvig: Excerp...
- All About Imps by Henry Herz: Guest Post!
- STARFLIGHT Launch Blitz & Giveaway
- ▼ February (27)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)