Keeper of the Stars by Robin Lee Hatcher
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:27 AM Friday, February 19, 2016
She blames him for her brother's death. Can she let go of resentment and open her heart to love?
Penny Cartwright found it difficult to understand why her younger brother would choose to join a country singer’s band rather than return to Kings Meadow after college . . . and the separation strained their relationship. Then a car accident made certain her brother could never return.
Trevor Reynolds has chased stardom in Nashville for more than a dozen years, but it remains out of his reach. After an accident kills his young drummer, Trevor goes to Kings Meadow to keep a promise—and perhaps to discover what truly matters in this life.
Thrown together by circumstances, Penny and Trevor must learn to give and receive forgiveness. And if they do, perhaps something beautiful can rise from the ashes of heartbreak.
Although it wasn't Trevor's fault that Penny's brother died he still partly blames himself. When her brother died, Penny lost her faith in God. Trevor made a promise to her brother and he intends to keep it. This promise leads the two into a budding romance. The romance is sweet and depicted as hope after a tragedy. It's not an "insta-romance" and the author takes time to build up their relationship. The reader will likely find themselves as invested in the relationship as I did! It takes time to recover after such a crushing loss and I can't imagine losing my sister.
The novel did touch on hard topics, but there were lighter subjects interspersed and focused upon, as well. I liked how the author explored loss and recovery. Her style of writing was fun and made the book a fast read. The reader does get to meet Penny's brother in flashbacks and will feel as if he/she knows him quite well. The flashbacks will make the reader truly feel the loss of one of the major characters. This book is recommended to adult readers.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Dreamfever by Kit Alloway
- Meet Tor Editors on Tour!
- The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
- Tease Me Thursday: Promo!
- A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann
- Dead Girl by Tessa Marie: Cover Reveal!
- Blocked by Jennifer Lane: Promo!
- Bad Boy by J.C. Reed and Jackie Steele: Promo and ...
- Down to My Soul by Kennedy Ryan: Promo and Giveawa...
- Sweet Spot by Lucy Felthouse: Release Blitz and Ex...
- Why They Run the Way They Do by Susan Perabo
- Keeper of the Stars by Robin Lee Hatcher
- Tested by Her WebMaster by Normandie Alleman: Prom...
- Lady Bridget's Diary by Maya Rodale
- Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell
- Guest post by Chris A. Jackson and a Giveaway!
- Riders by Veronica Rossi: Blog Tour and Review!
- Read The Love!
- Listen to Me by Kristen Proby: Song Release and Fe...
- Burning Midnight by Will McIntosh
- The Rise of Genesis by M.R. Merrick Cover Reveal!
- Love In London Contest!
- You! Personalized Books by Sandra Magsamen: Revie...
- Escape to Eden by Rachel McClellan: Promo and Give...
- Your New Money Mindset: Create a Healthy Relations...
- The Bride Wore Starlight by Lizbeth Selvig: Excerp...
- All About Imps by Henry Herz: Guest Post!
- STARFLIGHT Launch Blitz & Giveaway
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)