The Wrong Bride by Gayle Callen
Posted by Krystal Larson at 10:54 AM Monday, October 12, 2015
USA Today bestselling author Gayle Callen creates an unforgettable story of mistaken identity and irresistible attraction in this first in a wonderfully engaging series set in the Scottish Highlands...
Shaken from sleep during the night and bundled off to the Highlands by a burly Scot, Riona is at first terrified, then livid. Hugh McCallum insists they were promised to each other as children to ensure peace between their clans. The stubborn laird refuses to believe he's kidnapped the wrong Catriona Duff. Instead, he embarks on a campaign of slow-burning seduction.
At first, Hugh cares only what their marriage can do for his people. Now he's starting to crave Riona for her own sake, but her true identity jeopardizes his clan's contract. And unless she chooses to risk all to be his bride, he'll lose the only thing he prizes more than the lands he's fought so hard to save—the passionate marriage they could have together.
When I told my sister about this book she joked that she wouldn't tell a handsome guy who woke her up and stole her off into the night that she was the wrong girl. Riona, however, isn't too happy about the situation. Despite numerous attempts to correct Hugh, he insists that he has kidnapped his fiance. In the beginning of the book, he needs her for reasons concerning his clan, but at towards the end of the book he might just love her.
I liked how the author developed their romance a little slower than you would typically see in a romance book. Riona was fiery and fun and easy to root for. I liked how she gave Hugh trouble at every turn. Hugh's scenes ranged from funny to very sexy. He is cocky, handsome, and charismatic. The author has a way of injecting humor into a lot of the scenes and her well-written love scenes are very passionate. Overall, this book is recommended to adult readers or fans of romance.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (364)
- This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp: Promo an...
- My First Peanuts: ABC and My First Peanuts: 1,2,3:...
- Persuasion by Martina Boone
- 101 Movies to See Before You Grow Up by Suzette Va...
- Haunted Open House Giveaway!
- Star Wars Psychology edited by Travis Langley
- Christina Dodd Cover Reveal
- The Wild Swans by Jackie Morris: Q&A and Giveaway!...
- We Are All Made Of Molecules Blog Tour
- What We Left Behind by Robin Talley
- Edgewater by Courtney Sheinmel
- Cover Reveal: Don't Get Caught by Kurt Dinan: Prom...
- Bunch of YA ARCs Giveaway!
- The Great Christmas Knit-Off by Alexandra Brown
- Pathfinder: Beyond the Pool of Stars by Howard And...
- North for Christmas: Cover Reveal and Giveaway!
- Shade Me by Jennifer Brown
- Polka Heartland: Why The Midwest Loves To Polka, P...
- The Wild Swans by Jackie Morris
- Nightmares: The Sleepwalker Tonic by Jason Segel a...
- Romance Giveaway Pack (Paperbacks-USA)!
- The Wrong Bride by Gayle Callen
- Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith: Promo and Interview...
- Books to Movies Giveaway Hop!
- Being Audrey Hepburn by Mitchell Kriegman
- Divine Vices by Melissa Parkin: Promo and Giveaway...
- War of Rain by H.W. Vivian: Post and Giveaway
- Deadlands: Ghostwalkers by Jonathan Maberry: Givea...
- Divine Vices Blog Tour, Giveaway, and Promo
- The Poet's Secret by Kenneth Zak: Giveaway and Pro...
- Mirrored by Alex Flinn
- A Step Toward Falling by Cammie McGovern
- The Gift of a Charm by Melissa Hill
- The Good Neighbor by Amy Sue Nathan
- Court of Fives by Kate Elliot
- ▼ October (35)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)