The Gift of a Charm by Melissa Hill
Posted by sailingaway at 12:14 AM Saturday, October 3, 2015
Holly O'Neill knows that every charm bracelet tells a story. Many years ago she was sent one with just a single charm attached. The charms have been appearing ever since, often at challenging times, as if her mysterious benefactor knows exactly when she needs a little magic in her life.
As a result, Holly's bracelet is her most prized possession. So when she finds someone else's charm bracelet, she feels she has to try to reunite it with its owner-even if the only clues she has to follow are the charms themselves.
Here we have a cute mystery about a girl that is trying to make something right in the world. She really loves her charm bracelet holds an appreciation for the time and life experiences that hold meaning behind the charms. So when she finds someone else's bracelet, she makes it her duty to find the owner of this other bracelet.
I love the noble pureness of Holly in this story. It is a rare find to come across someone as pure of heart as her and it was a welcome blessing to read about her journey of good intentions. I though the mystery behind the charms formed an awesome bond with the step by step clue solving nature of the story. I found myself excited about where the journey would take her next in the process of re-tracing the steps of the owner. The author does a great job at instilling the wonder that Holly sees while she is searching. You feel what she feels and experience things through her eyes as if you are living her life.
Reviewed by Chris
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (292)
- This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp: Promo an...
- My First Peanuts: ABC and My First Peanuts: 1,2,3:...
- Persuasion by Martina Boone
- 101 Movies to See Before You Grow Up by Suzette Va...
- Haunted Open House Giveaway!
- Star Wars Psychology edited by Travis Langley
- Christina Dodd Cover Reveal
- The Wild Swans by Jackie Morris: Q&A and Giveaway!...
- We Are All Made Of Molecules Blog Tour
- What We Left Behind by Robin Talley
- Edgewater by Courtney Sheinmel
- Cover Reveal: Don't Get Caught by Kurt Dinan: Prom...
- Bunch of YA ARCs Giveaway!
- The Great Christmas Knit-Off by Alexandra Brown
- Pathfinder: Beyond the Pool of Stars by Howard And...
- North for Christmas: Cover Reveal and Giveaway!
- Shade Me by Jennifer Brown
- Polka Heartland: Why The Midwest Loves To Polka, P...
- The Wild Swans by Jackie Morris
- Nightmares: The Sleepwalker Tonic by Jason Segel a...
- Romance Giveaway Pack (Paperbacks-USA)!
- The Wrong Bride by Gayle Callen
- Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith: Promo and Interview...
- Books to Movies Giveaway Hop!
- Being Audrey Hepburn by Mitchell Kriegman
- Divine Vices by Melissa Parkin: Promo and Giveaway...
- War of Rain by H.W. Vivian: Post and Giveaway
- Deadlands: Ghostwalkers by Jonathan Maberry: Givea...
- Divine Vices Blog Tour, Giveaway, and Promo
- The Poet's Secret by Kenneth Zak: Giveaway and Pro...
- Mirrored by Alex Flinn
- A Step Toward Falling by Cammie McGovern
- The Gift of a Charm by Melissa Hill
- The Good Neighbor by Amy Sue Nathan
- Court of Fives by Kate Elliot
- ▼ October (35)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)