The Last Witness by Jerry Amernic
Posted by Krystal Larson at 11:20 PM Saturday, March 28, 2015
The year is 2039, and Jack Fisher is the last living survivor of the Holocaust. Set in a world that is abysmally complacent about events of the last century, Jack is a 100-year-old man whose worst memories took place before he was 5. His story hearkens back to the Jewish ghetto of his birth and to Auschwitz where, as a little boy, he had to fend for himself to survive after losing his family. Jack becomes the central figure in a missing-person investigation when his granddaughter suddenly disappears. While assisting police, he finds himself in danger and must reach into the darkest corners of his memory to come out alive.
When I read this book I could just hear the phrase "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" in my mind. I absolutely loved learning about history in school and was lucky enough to be in an AP class that did not skim over the Holocaust. At times, I feel like what we are taught in school is not in depth or fully explained. I think it would be beneficial to allow students to think through the events themselves. I really enjoyed the author's perspective on the horrible events and atrocities. I liked the idea of combing through your memory to help solve a mystery and utilizing past memories. This book was a good read and hard to put down.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- Blu-Ray Giveaway The Hobbit The Battle of The Five...
- HARPERCOLLINS CHILDREN’S BOOKS ACQUIRES FANFICTION...
- It Started with a Scandal by Julie Anne Long: Prom...
- The Last Witness by Jerry Amernic
- Spring Cleaning Giveaway Hop!
- Fifty Avenue Fidos: Promo!
- The Maze Runner News!
- Join us in celebrating a Book Birthday for THE WIC...
- All Mascara is not Created Equal by Jessica Landmo...
- A Darker Shade of Magic Blog Tour
- City Love by Susane Colasanti: Giveaway!
- Interview with Delilah Dawson!
- Marked Man Promo!
- Interview with Sara Raasch!
- The Clockwork Dagger by Beth Cato: Interview and P...
- The Iron Ring by Auston Habershaw: Promo and Inter...
- Beast Charming: Guest Post, Promo, and Giveaway!
- Keep Ya Weird 6 Book Giveaway!
- Heart's Desire: Cover Reveal and Promo!
- Flunked by Jen Calonita: Promo and Giveaway (5 cop...
- Dark Sun, Bright Moon: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- Beyond Championships: Promo and Giveaway!
- Legally Undead Ebook Sale!
- Red Handed: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs: Interview
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Sinful Rewards 8 by Cynth...
- Cut Me Free by J.R. Johansson
- Dream a Little Dream by Kersten Gier
- Unchanged by Jessica Brody
- Rules for Riders: Guest Post, Excerpt, and Giveawa...
- Sneak Peak into Fall With Me courtesy of HarperCol...
- The Sparks: Q&A, Special Code Buy Link, and Giveaw...
- I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
- ▼ March (33)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)