Cut Me Free by J.R. Johansson
Posted by Krystal Larson at 1:40 PM Wednesday, March 4, 2015
Seventeen-year-old Charlotte barely escaped from her abusive parents. Her little brother, Sam, wasn't as lucky. Now she's trying to begin the new life she always dreamed of for them, but never thought she'd have to experience alone. She's hired a techie-genius with a knack for forgery to remove the last ties to her old life. But while she can erase her former identity, she can’t rid herself of the memories. And her troubled history won’t let her ignore the little girl she sees one day in the park. The girl with the bruises and burn marks.
That’s when Charlotte begins to receive the messages. Threatening notes left in her apartment--without a trace of entry. And they’re addressed to Piper, her old name. As the messages grow in frequency, she doesn’t just need to uncover who is leaving them; she needs to stop whoever it is before anyone else she loves ends up dead.
It's hard to imagine being the child of a abusive parents, but J.R. Johansson will take the reader into the mind of an abused child. Charlotte is now free from her abusive past, but the remnants and scars still affect her. She sees a little girl in the park who looks like she may be being abused and has to make a difficult but necessary decision. Not long after, Charlotte is harassed by some unknown stalker who seems to know her from her "old life." Charlotte has a mystery on her hands and the stakes are high.
I thought Charlotte's character was impressive. She adapts well and comes off as brave and intelligent. Cam, Charlotte's love interest, was a fun but unnecessary addition. I thought he fell for her awfully fast and there wasn't too much development of their relationship. The plot moved along very quickly and the high stakes of the mystery kept the pages turning quickly. This book is recommended to young adult/teens.
3 1/2 Stars
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (366)
- Blu-Ray Giveaway The Hobbit The Battle of The Five...
- HARPERCOLLINS CHILDREN’S BOOKS ACQUIRES FANFICTION...
- It Started with a Scandal by Julie Anne Long: Prom...
- The Last Witness by Jerry Amernic
- Spring Cleaning Giveaway Hop!
- Fifty Avenue Fidos: Promo!
- The Maze Runner News!
- Join us in celebrating a Book Birthday for THE WIC...
- All Mascara is not Created Equal by Jessica Landmo...
- A Darker Shade of Magic Blog Tour
- City Love by Susane Colasanti: Giveaway!
- Interview with Delilah Dawson!
- Marked Man Promo!
- Interview with Sara Raasch!
- The Clockwork Dagger by Beth Cato: Interview and P...
- The Iron Ring by Auston Habershaw: Promo and Inter...
- Beast Charming: Guest Post, Promo, and Giveaway!
- Keep Ya Weird 6 Book Giveaway!
- Heart's Desire: Cover Reveal and Promo!
- Flunked by Jen Calonita: Promo and Giveaway (5 cop...
- Dark Sun, Bright Moon: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- Beyond Championships: Promo and Giveaway!
- Legally Undead Ebook Sale!
- Red Handed: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs: Interview
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Sinful Rewards 8 by Cynth...
- Cut Me Free by J.R. Johansson
- Dream a Little Dream by Kersten Gier
- Unchanged by Jessica Brody
- Rules for Riders: Guest Post, Excerpt, and Giveawa...
- Sneak Peak into Fall With Me courtesy of HarperCol...
- The Sparks: Q&A, Special Code Buy Link, and Giveaw...
- I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
- ▼ March (33)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)