Unquiet Land by Sharon Shinn
Posted by Krystal Larson at 9:45 PM Friday, November 25, 2016
Leah Frothen has returned home. But she can scarcely catch her breath before she is summoned by regent Darien Serlast, the man who made her a spy. Leah is reluctant to take on a new assignment, but Darien has dangled the perfect lure to draw her in…
Leah finds she enjoys the challenges of opening a shop catering to foreign visitors, especially since it affords her the opportunity to get to know Mally, the child she abandoned five years ago.
But when the regent asks her to spy on ambassadors from a visiting nation, Leah soon learns that everyone—her regent, her lover, and even her daughter—have secrets that could save the nation, but might very well break her heart.
I wouldn't mind being in Leah's shoes. She gets to be a spy while still maintaing a fairly normal home life filled with family and friends who love her. They help her adjust to life back at home and surround her with happiness and light (somewhat literally on the happiness part). She also gets the opportunity to befriend Mally, someone who will hopefully end up being very close to her. However, there is always something to break the serenity. Leah finds out that people very close to her are harboring secrets...secrets that could make or break her in her line of work.
I really liked Leah though some of her decisions from the past were difficult for me to understand. She seemed like she had a sensible and generous personality. This novel has a bit of a darker undertone than the first few, but it will leave the reader satisfied and happy that he/she read the series in the end. I loved the casual world-building and how the author has a knack for making me care about characters I otherwise might have dismissed.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- The Dare and the Doctor by Kate Noble: Promo and G...
- Gratitude Giveaway Hop!
- Alive by Chandler Baker
- Trust My Heart by Carol J. Post
- The Rains by Gregg Hurwitz: Review and Giveaway!
- Unquiet Land by Sharon Shinn
- Did I Mention I Miss You by Estelle Maskame: Excer...
- Evertaster: The Delicious City by Adam Glendon Sid...
- Fire In You by Jennifer L. Armentrout: Promo!
- The Charming Life of Izzy Malone: Promo and Giveaw...
- The Visitors Book by Sophie Hannah: Guest Post and...
- Cold-Case Christianity For Kids by J. Warner Walla...
- Guardian of the Way by Diane Moat: Promo and Givea...
- The Weaver by Emmi Itaranta
- Puppy Pals: Murphy by Susan Hughes: Excerpt and Gi...
- Return to the Secret Garden by Holly Webb: Excerpt...
- Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson
- Unnatural Deeds by Cyn Balog: Promo and Giveaway!
- Spin the Sky by Jill MacKenzie: Guest Post and Giv...
- We Are Still Tornadoes by Michael Kun: Q&A and Pro...
- ▼ November (20)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)