Ungodly by Kendare Blake
Posted by Krystal Larson at 7:51 PM Thursday, September 29, 2016
For the Goddess of Wisdom, what Athena didn’t know could fill a book. That’s what her opponents said.
So she was wrong about some things. So her carefully planned assault on Olympus left her team beaten and scattered and possibly dead. So they have to fight the Fates themselves, who, it turns out, are the source of the gods’ illness. And sure, Athena is stuck in the underworld, holding the body of the only hero she has ever loved.
But all is not lost. Hermes is still topside, trying to power up Andie and Henry before he runs out of time and submits to his death, or the Fates arrive to speed it along.
And Cassandra is up there somewhere, too, on a quest for death…with the god of death himself.
Just because things haven’t gone exactly according to plan, it doesn't mean they’ve lost. They’ve only mostly lost. And there’s a big difference.
Athena and her group of rag tag survivors barely made it out of the mountain. Cassandra and Calypso, likewise, were not in good shape. I both liked this book because I read the first two and the characters and concept are fascinating and hated it because the author places so much emphasis on Cassandra and her so-called powers. Athena and Odysseus are in love and their relationship, though not the focal point of the novel, is sweet. Cassandra meets Thanatos, death himself, and cannot kill him...though she wishes she could kill her attraction to him. There are so many characters in this series that is is hard to get too attached to them or to keep track of them. The plot moved along fairly quickly (though it's more or less the same plot through all three books). Cassandra is hell-bent on killing the gods and goddesses for some inane reason and there are two factions of gods/goddesses fighting each other for another inane reason.
All the characters are fighting some moral failing in some way. The only ones that seemed honest and not full of themselves were Ares, Demeter, and Aphrodite. I also liked Hades and Persephone for their no-nonsense approach to the war. I could not stand Cassandra; her self-righteousness and ridiculous belief that she is supposed to murder all the gods/goddesses while still maintaining her high school innocence really bothered me. The ending was not satisfying because a fair amount of loose ends are left flapping in the breeze. I really enjoyed the imagery and scenes described throughout the novel and how the gods/goddesses were portrayed.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Love You Dead by Peter James: Giveaway and Promo!
- Take the Bible Challenge with Odyssey Adventure Cl...
- Ungodly by Kendare Blake
- Exciting News from Avon Books!
- Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven
- Endless Knight by Kresley Cole
- Return to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz
- A World Without You by Beth Revis
- In-Between Days by Vikki Wakefield
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- One Was Lost by Natalie D. Richards: Excerpt and G...
- Kiss Cam by Kiara London
- Gemina by Aimee Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- How to Be You: Stop Trying to Be Someone Else and ...
- The Perks of Loving a Scoundrel by Jennifer McQuis...
- How To Make Out by Brianna Shrum
- Dead of Winter by Kresley Cole (Arcana Novels)
- 738 Days by Stacey Kade
- Ella's Will by Jessilyn Stewart Peaslee
- Invincible by Amy Reed
- Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein
- Karolina's Twins by Ronald H. Balson
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover
- The Storm by Virginia Bergin: Excerpt and Giveaway...
- Creed by Trisha Leaver and Lindsay Currie
- The Cat King of Havana by Tom Crosshill: Review an...
- Immortal Nights by Lynsay Sands
- The Swan Riders by Erin Bow
- The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- Flawed by Cecilia Ahern
- Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman
- ▼ September (32)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)