This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
Posted by Krystal Larson at 1:30 AM Saturday, November 14, 2015
The principal of Opportunity, Alabama's high school finishes her speech, welcoming the entire student body to a new semester and encouraging them to excel and achieve.
The students get up to leave the auditorium for their next class.
The auditorium doors won't open.
Someone starts shooting.
Told over the span of 54 harrowing minutes from four different perspectives, terror reigns as one student's calculated revenge turns into the ultimate game of survival.
When I was going to high school it never occurred to me someone could come in and shoot a bunch of students. The author manages to keep this book suspenseful, scary, hopeful, and heart-pounding all at the same time. This is definitely a book that would be easy to read in one sitting. There are multiple characters (4) from multiple points of views from the sister of the shooter to the sort-of girlfriend of the shooter to students who had *nearly* nothing to do with the shooter. The reader will feel with these characters after every gunshot. The book is somehow told within a 54 minute time period and yet is packed with emotions and scenes.
I do with that the author had delved more into the why and how the shooter became the shooter and how the other perspectives tied into his transformation. The book was missing this one crucial piece and really took away from it for me. I rooted for the students to live and hated knowing that someone had been shot. I liked the scenes where the teachers tried to take over and stop the shooter. A large part of me wishes someone else had a gun and whipped it out to kill the shooter prior to any student/teacher deaths. Overall, this is a book worth reading.
3 1/2 Stars
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- Lover's Surrender by J.C. Reed: Promo!
- Wasted Time: Promo and Giveaway!
- Lock & Mori by Heather W. Petty
- List To Me by Kristen Proby: Cover Reveal!
- Roman's Holiday by Susan Aylworth: Promo and Givea...
- Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan
- I'll be Home for Christmas by Lori Wilde: Review a...
- Sliding In The Snow Blog Tour
- Gratitude Giveaway!
- YA Cleaning-Out-My-Bookshelf Giveaway!
- The Shadow Queen by CJ Redwine
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
- Dark Energy by Robison Wells
- This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
- Books I'm Grateful I Read! Giveaway Hop
- Charmed by Jen Calonita: Promo and Giveaway!
- Breath to Breath by Craig Lew: Review and Giveaway...
- Laguna Lights by Kaira Rouda: Promo!
- Consent by Nancy Ohlin: Review and Guest Post!
- Next Door to a Star by Krysten Lindsay Hager: Prom...
- When Our Worlds Collide by Aniesha Brahma: Promo!
- Dystopian Authors Collide: Promo and Giveaway!
- Faith of the Nine by Sachin Dev: Promo!
- Soul Warrior by Falguni Kothari: Promo and Giveawa...
- The 50 States Blog Promo: Illinois!
- The Ruby Iyer Series by Laxmi Hariharan: Guest Pos...
- Christmas Kisses: Promo and Giveaway!
- How To Be Brave by E. Katherine Kottaras: Excerpt ...
- THE GREATEST ZOMBIE MOVIE EVER Cover Reveal and Sn...
- Reap the Wind by Karen Chance
- Leveled by Jay Crownover: Promo and Giveaway!
- Avon Social Media Events and Sales!
- Timesurfers by Rhonda Sermon: Promo and Giveaway!
- ▼ November (33)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)