The Shadow Queen by CJ Redwine
Posted by Krystal Larson at 2:35 PM Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Lorelai Diederich, crown princess and fugitive at large, has one mission: kill the wicked queen who took both the Ravenspire throne and the life of her father. To do that, Lorelai needs to use the one weapon she and Queen Irina have in common—magic. She’ll have to be stronger, faster, and more powerful than Irina, the most dangerous sorceress Ravenspire has ever seen.
In the neighboring kingdom of Eldr, when Prince Kol’s father and older brother are killed by an invading army of magic-wielding ogres, the second-born prince is suddenly given the responsibility of saving his kingdom. To do that, Kol needs magic—and the only way to get it is to make a deal with the queen of Ravenspire, promise to become her personal huntsman…and bring her Lorelai’s heart.
But Lorelai is nothing like Kol expected—beautiful, fierce, and unstoppable—and despite dark magic, Lorelai is drawn in by the passionate and troubled king. Fighting to stay one step ahead of the dragon huntsman—who she likes far more than she should—Lorelai does everything in her power to ruin the wicked queen. But Irina isn’t going down without a fight, and her final move may cost the princess the one thing she still has left to lose.
Lorelai represents Snow White, but not how a reader might think. She is intelligent, quick-witted, and doesn't depend on a prince to save her. The reader meets her with her brother, Leo, and Gabril, their savior. The reader will come to love these characters very quickly just as I did. Leo has a fun and spunky personality and Gabril is warm, comforting, and safe. The backstory to this latest Snow White story is fascinating and very innovative. Lorelai must remove her depraved aunt from her rightful throne to help Ravenspire.
Lorelai's character was perfect and easy to relate to. I thought it was a nice touch that she wasn't good at court fripperies. The introduction of Kol as a love interest from a neighboring kingdom as well as the ability to transform into a dragon at a moment's notice was a nice touch. I really enjoyed that the author didn't let Kol overshadow Lorelai even when certain chapters focused more on him than on her. The descriptions in the book made it easy to paint the scenery and setting in my head and the dialogue was exactly right for each situation in the book from light-hearted to intense. Overall, this is a great read for young adult/teen readers.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (291)
- Lover's Surrender by J.C. Reed: Promo!
- Wasted Time: Promo and Giveaway!
- Lock & Mori by Heather W. Petty
- List To Me by Kristen Proby: Cover Reveal!
- Roman's Holiday by Susan Aylworth: Promo and Givea...
- Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan
- I'll be Home for Christmas by Lori Wilde: Review a...
- Sliding In The Snow Blog Tour
- Gratitude Giveaway!
- YA Cleaning-Out-My-Bookshelf Giveaway!
- The Shadow Queen by CJ Redwine
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
- Dark Energy by Robison Wells
- This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
- Books I'm Grateful I Read! Giveaway Hop
- Charmed by Jen Calonita: Promo and Giveaway!
- Breath to Breath by Craig Lew: Review and Giveaway...
- Laguna Lights by Kaira Rouda: Promo!
- Consent by Nancy Ohlin: Review and Guest Post!
- Next Door to a Star by Krysten Lindsay Hager: Prom...
- When Our Worlds Collide by Aniesha Brahma: Promo!
- Dystopian Authors Collide: Promo and Giveaway!
- Faith of the Nine by Sachin Dev: Promo!
- Soul Warrior by Falguni Kothari: Promo and Giveawa...
- The 50 States Blog Promo: Illinois!
- The Ruby Iyer Series by Laxmi Hariharan: Guest Pos...
- Christmas Kisses: Promo and Giveaway!
- How To Be Brave by E. Katherine Kottaras: Excerpt ...
- THE GREATEST ZOMBIE MOVIE EVER Cover Reveal and Sn...
- Reap the Wind by Karen Chance
- Leveled by Jay Crownover: Promo and Giveaway!
- Avon Social Media Events and Sales!
- Timesurfers by Rhonda Sermon: Promo and Giveaway!
- ▼ November (33)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)