When Carolina and Trevor meet on their first day of school, something draws them to each other. They gradually share first kisses, first touches, first sexual experiences. When they’re together, nothing else matters. But one of them will make a choice, and the other a mistake, that will break what they thought was unbreakable. Both will wish that they could fall in love again for the first time . . . but first love, by definition, can’t happen twice.
Told in Carolina and Trevor's alternating voices, this is an up-close-and-personal story of two teenagers falling in love for the first time, and discovering it might not last forever.
Firsts are hard. Caroline and Trevor become fast friends...then something more than that...then finally lovers. It's a unique experience and the reader will get the chance to experience their firsts along with them and possibly reminisce about his/her own. I really liked how sweet and innocent the whole "love" started. I hated that I already knew that it wasn't going to end well. Caroline and Trevor are imperfect characters who are growing continually throughout the novel. The author really made me feel like I was back in high school (and it wasn't that long ago!). I can honestly say I was nothing like these characters though.
I enjoyed the feel of the high school atmosphere and that the author created the characters realistically. Caroline and Trevor reminded me of people I could have met back when I was 14. I would have thought they were way ahead of me in certain ways though! There were a lot of sex scenes and the author stuck to realism when it came to unprotected teen sex. Overall, this book is recommended to young adult readers.
The rest of the tour can be found here!
Leave a comment with your name and email for a chance to win a copy of this book! (USA)
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (323)
- First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen
- Guest Post: Sofia Quintero!
- If I Ran the Zoo by Dr. Seuss
- Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
- Guest Post: Caroline B Cooney!
- The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler
- Forever For a Year by b.t. gottfred: Blog Tour and...
- Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang
- Someday Home by Lauraine Snelling
- The Cage by Megan Shepherd
- The Single Game: Promo and Giveaway!
- The Midnight Witch by Paula Brackston
- SWEET AND SAVORY SATURDAY
- That Chesapeake Summer by Mariah Stewart: Q&A
- Mama's Boy by ReShonda Tate Billingsley: Promo!
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Simone Pond!
- Reading Alley Grand Opening Celebration! #ReadingA...
- Brutal Youth by Anthony Breznican
- Win Friends and Customers by Lawrence J Bookbinder...
- Salt & Stone by Victoria Scott
- Along the Way: Promo and Giveaway!
- The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes
- The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey
- ▼ July (23)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)